Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Have to give him start soon mind. We go on about keeping others happy but how will he feel if every other signing gets a start while he's on the bench 

So negative all the time man :lol:

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Have to give him start soon mind. We go on about keeping others happy but how will he feel if every other signing gets a start while he's on the bench 

He's likely the best player at the club and for me should start regardless of who's had a good game. If shola had a good game you don't keep Shearer on the bench in the next match do you.

A bit scared of that makeshift back 4. So much for those Villa injuries too. 

I’m disappointed not to see Bruno starting but given he’d be playing in either Joelinton or Willock’s role it would be harsh on either to drop them after a couple of big performances. 

Honestly think Bruno should have started instead of Shelvey. Just feel like he's a ticking time bomb, either a red card or too slow to deal with Countinho. I trust Eddie, and he proved me wrong last time, but really think this was the time to introduce Bruno.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

He's been in Newcastle/UK for 9 days :lol: 

Trippier gets the armband, you love to see it. Really interested to see how Burn/Schar pairing works and not suprised he kept the same 3 in midfield, maybe we'll see Bruno get a bit more time today though. 

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

So what? he's a had a full week of training 

It was adressed in the sense that he for some reason would be unhappy/unsettled at not being started.

I don't really care whether he starts or not at this point seeing how our midfield has performed lately.

Just now, The Prophet said:

You'd imagine Bruno will get a longer stint today, with a view to bringing him into the starting line up in the next game or two.

Yeah, he will get 30mins. Always a chance someone picks up a knock too.

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Whilst I want to see him too, if we keep winning and the current 3 stay fit and available, then he doesn't start. So no, we don't "have to" start him soon because us NOT starting him means we're winning every match, which is the most important thing.

Cons: We don't get to see Bruno

Pros: We win every match

Eventually though we'll not win, and then he'll come in. Which seems fair enough to me.

Players have to believe that if they play well enough and do well enough, that they can keep someone else out the team. Dropping someone after Everton would send out the reverse signal - Doesn't matter what you do, I'll always play the other guy.