Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 13/02/2022 @ 2pm (Sky)

LRD

My first game 1994, we beat them 5-1, I was only 6 but my biggest memory of Villa was when I used to have the old NUFC videos and the game where we beat them 4-3. Did Dwight Yorke get a hattrick? It was one of those classic Sky evening games, like the Man Utd 5-0 one.

1 minute ago, STM said:

My first game 1994, we beat them 5-1, I was only 6 but my biggest memory of Villa was when I used to have the old NUFC videos and the game where we beat them 4-3. Did Dwight Yorke get a hattrick? It was one of those classic Sky evening games, like the Man Utd 5-0 one.

Cole breaking the record. My first away game was Villa Park, 2-0. That’s why I have a soft spot for them and half my family support them.

1 minute ago, Tyne81 said:

Away from predicting the result, how great is it to genuinely look forward to our games once again? Nerves and excitement, it's like your abusive partner has genuinely changed.

We've HOPE 

3 minutes ago, Tyne81 said:

Away from predicting the result, how great is it to genuinely look forward to our games once again? Nerves and excitement, it's like your abusive partner has genuinely changed.

It’s great but so nerve wracking, it’s excitement and dread equally and to be honest it’s a feeling I’ve not had for a long long time or rather sparingly these last 14 years!

2 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

I’d take another 6-0 against these like, not gonna lie.

No, didn’t happen, they always get 3 points up here apparently.

What a fucking day that was. After John Carew missed a penalty by a million miles, we were unbelievable. Remember coming out of SJP and the Villa lot already on their coaches with faces liked slapped arses. 

Aye, that will do today please!

Stating the obvious here but if we could win today it would be huge for our survival chances. A little bit of breathing space could go a long way and it keeps the pressure on Brentford, Everton and Leeds. 

40 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Cole breaking the record. My first away game was Villa Park, 2-0. That’s why I have a soft spot for them and half my family support them.

I had a so called friend who was a Villa fan, when i I got married I invited him to the wedding - after the speeches etc he came up to me and my wife and said “thanks for the invite, wasn’t expecting one as I don’t like you and am only here for the food and drink, I get married next month and there’s no f&£cking way you’re getting an invite to my wedding”.

He did get married the next month and didn’t invite me (by this point I couldn’t care less though).

My point being is I can’t stand him as that still gave my wife a bad memory on that day and I can’t stand Villa.

Edited by Gawalls

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Stating the obvious here but if we could win today it would be huge for our survival chances. A little bit of breathing space could go a long way and it keeps the pressure on Brentford, Everton and Leeds. 

Massive breathing space, 5 points above Norwich with a game in hand and superior goal difference meaning a draw against West Ham leaves then needing 7 points realistically.

At that point I expect them to lose some fight as some players heads will drop surely.

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Gonna be a tougher game than Weds, with Coutinhio pulling their strings. Need to be on it (and him) from the start.

Another win for us would be crucial. I'm gonna go for 2-1 to us.

Genuine question as I’m not watching their games - is he playing that well or is it just commentators and reporters loving him?

He scored recently and the headlines were “Courtinho scores for Villa!!!” was it headline worthy?

42 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

I’d take another 6-0 against these like, not gonna lie.

Was so sweet that.  Still had my season ticket up in the 'singing section' near the cunts. First home game back up from the championship and to stick it to these cunts after the way they went on about our relegation, was also my birthday to boot :)