West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 19/02/2022 @ 12.30pm (BT)

LRD

It looks a bit grim but having Burn and Targett in there does give me some confidence.

I'd expect most of the game to be played in our half but I do have some faith that we'll make it difficult for them and will actually have some sort of plan in place to effectively counter attack.

Be great to nick a point here.

13 minutes ago, GWN said:

just won 3 in a row without him , what’s your argument? 

That we've got a top quality midfielder sat doing nowt and we've got Jonjo on the pitch.  Aye he's been alreet lately, but I'm fairly sure Bruno will be an upgrade regardless.  Thanks for your smarmy condescending input though, people have different opinions :thup:

Edited by Wilson

Murphy has looked more dangerous in recent weeks and was unlucky not to score against Man Utd and Everton, I don't think him coming in for ASM leaves us completely blunt. I think we can knick something today if the defence hold out.

6 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Understandable no?  We've all been going on about how desperate we've been for good centre mids for....fuck knows how long, now we've got one and he's not getting a look in. 

Obviously understand bedding players in but fuck me, he seems to be going the long way about it with 5 mins here and there. 

Regarding the midfield, they've been a lot more effective the past 3 games (probably since Man Utd tbh). 

Not that it's a great midfield but Howe has them drilled well and we're making it hard for teams to do anything. Coutinho and Ramsey were completely invisible for example.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

3 minutes ago, GWN said:

just won 3 in a row without him , what’s your argument? 

If I was to guess, people are just worried that we are going to end up with a pissed off player on our hands. That's my small concern.

I'm sure though that he's constantly being talked to by Howe and it's being explained to him the thought process and reasoning.

His time will come soon enough.

Just need one of these injuries to happen to a midfielder :lol:

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

That we've got a top quality midfielder sat doing nowt and we've got Jonjo on the pitch.  Aye he's been alreet lately, but I'm fairly sure Bruno will be an upgrade regardless.  Thanks for your smarmy condescending input though, people have different opions :thup:

Why change a winning team though the midfield has earned their place in the team? It's football basics

It's not worth risking ASM today if there's a decent chance of him playing in the more important game next week against Brentford.

As for the lineup, we've been playing well, so its not worth changing the system from kickoff. That can be done in game as needed.

Just now, samptime29 said:

Surprised Bruno hasn't come in like. 

Why?

He's a central midfielder. Howe clearly isn't going to change those players while we keep winning.

I'm not remotely surprised.

Bruno would make our side better today, but maybe the damage to morale isn't worth it? That's clearly Howe's take anyway.

The point is that Bruno is better than Joe Wilock at end of the day. Not changing a winning team is nonsense anyways and small time as fuck. If Manquillo has a good game when Trippier is back fit he still gets dropped because Trippier is better and we are more likely to win with him in the team.

Edited by WillingtonMag

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Regarding the midfield, they've been a lot more effective the past 3 games (probably since Man Utd tbh). 

Not that it's a great midfield but Howe has them drilled well and we're making it hard for teams to do anything. Coutinho and Ramsey were completely invisible for example.

Aye that's fair and I get the reasoning, but I can't get past the thought that regardless of the past 3 games, Bruno will still improve us.  I don't see why we should be waiting for a loss or whatever before changing it. 

3 minutes ago, Robster said:

If I was to guess, people are just worried that we are going to end up with a pissed off player on our hands. That's my small concern.

I'm sure though that he's constantly being talked to by Howe and it's being explained to him the thought process and reasoning.

His time will come soon enough.

Just need one of these injuries to happen to a midfielder :lol:

mate I wanna see the brute but we just gotta trust the gaffer eh? 

he’s foreign (settling in)  he “may” not be up to PL fitness , there’s no need to whack him in . He will get his chance very soon , we are moving to a different level soon so get used to this . ?

6 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Why change a winning team though the midfield has earned their place in the team? It's football basics

As mentioned above, I don't believe we need to wait for a loss before changing the team when we can improve on what we have regardless how well its been working for the past 3 games.  Bringing Bruno in isn't going to make us worse. 

Edited by Wilson