Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Guest reefatoon

I love that we can all laugh at the useless shit cunt now, knowing that it isn't our club he is stinking up. The total abomination that he is.

It's not good, but saying it like that makes it sounds a lot worse than it is. :lol:

The last competitive game he won was at the end of May, then a month and a half without any matches.

He won 3 friendlies in July & August.

Between middle of October and beginning of February he was without a job.

While in management (discounting friendlies & summer period) he has not won a competitive football game in 3 months.

It's 4 points from a possible 33, and he had a lot of winnable matches in that time. He got 1 point from West Ham, Villa, and Leeds, 2 of them at home, whereas Howe has 7 from those 3, with 2 of them away. Southampton at home as well is probably within the more favourable 10-12 matches you will have in the league. yet another match we failed to win, even if we were '2 minutes away ya kna'.

His 3 matches at West Brom were reasonably tough, all against top half teams, but at the same time, they were in the Premier League last year, and were in the top 5 all season up until the end of of match 28 (never once out of it), so they clearly have the players and ability to be up there, even if they have been out of form since the turn of the year, but they certainly haven't got the immediate bounce you'd often see when a new man comes into a struggling side that should be doing better (and long may that continue...).

15 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Competitive games since the start of the season:

Played 12

Won 0

Drawn 4

Lost 8

25% of those games are in the championship

Useless fat wanker.

Exactly this.  How his mates praise his managerial ability just beggars belief.

8 minutes ago, wormy said:

How long do people think WBA would stick with him if he continues to go winless?

They'll give him till the end of the season so they don't look stupid sacking him a few games in. 

3 hours ago, Andy said:

Mad that even after Howe has shown him up as a fraud, the footballing world still believes that our dislike of Steve Bruce was born of anything other than his disastrous performance as a manager. 

Everything I've read leads with "90 MILLION SPENT"

I suspect that Howe will get little credit from the old guard media (or the openly hostile and willingly ignorant  fans of other clubs). After all, Newcastle could have just given the funds to Bruce... amiright?

2 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Everything I've read leads with "90 MILLION SPENT"

I suspect that Howe will get little credit from the old guard media (or the openly hostile and willingly ignorant  fans of other clubs). After all, Newcastle could have just given the funds to Bruce... amiright?

Dont really care what other fans think.    They would want us to stay in our place and go down just so they can laugh at us.

Survive this season and then we will see which set of fans is laughing!

Even Martin Tyler was at it during the Leeds vs Man Utd game yesterday when referring to their goalkeeper and his mistake gifting 'Newcastle a rare win before their new signings came in'. I mean what he has said isn't untrue but it's certainly not as simple as buying their way out of trouble.

Bruno, who accounted for about half of the outlay, not being able to get more than 5 minutes here and there because 3 midfielders are looking so much better (under a proper coach) is a prime example. The on loan Targett was deemed not essential to a(n albeit ambitious) lower mid table club, and everyone away fan was saying Wood was shite, plus he hasn't scored yet, so while they have obviously contributed in their own way, especially Trippier (who has now missed the last game and a half), it's so much more than oil money (hopefully) saving the day,

13 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Dont really care what other fans think.    They would want us to stay in our place and go down just so they can laugh at us.

Survive this season and then we will see which set of fans is laughing!

Exactly. I'm passed caring now what other fans think. They're either thick as fuck or have an agenda against us, let them have their bullshit opinion. We just need to stay up and then the real fun begins for us.

Edited by Scoot

Quotes probably posted before but

“We will soon see. What happens in the dressing room stays there but we have to do more, and in particular you have to have the ability to roll up your sleeves a bit more and show something – especially when you go a goal behind,” Bruce indicated.

“I have only been here two or three weeks. I saw things to be pleased about in the first-half, but the one thing I have learned from the second half is change - change is difficult for them.