Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Yeah, said it on another thread, that I have absolutely nothing against WBA, but because of this appointment, I am finding myself wanting them to lose, petty I know, but that's the way it is [emoji38]. Mind, my interest in football is very high at the moment, so I'm always looking for little alternative narratives.

Massive proportion of their fans forum still think it was a good appointment. I can only think they are immersed in the media view and have no idea of the real football world. Christ. 5 minutes researching of ex Bruce clubs fans forums would have told them exactly what they would be getting. 

And as for their belief on him improving work ethic!  It’s took 3 months to get our squad any where near professional fitness levels again. Probably the key ingredient of getting a team out of the championship is fitness. They’re  fucked. 

8 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Dude on SKY said "Steve Bruce has a lot of work ahead of him with this squad. What we know about Steve Bruce though is he wont panic" 

Youre right bud. In fact - he will probably take the next 3 days off 

West Brom when previous manager was fired - 4th

West Brom under Bruce - 11th

Press - squad's fault.

From one of their forums;

"The one person who should stay at the Club is Steve Bruce. Keep him, he knows his stuff. Give him time, God knows he needs it."

I for one would like to see a club getting rid of everyone EXCEPT Steve Bruce.

It would prove to me that an alternative anti-matter universe does exist, just in the West Midlands, where even CERN hadn't thought to look.

2 hours ago, ScottishMagpie said:

I know it's childish of me but desperately want us to march in to the top 10 and for WBA to fall like a stone and for Wor Flags to make a banner with something along the lines of 'Not bad for "that guy from Bournemouth" eh Steve?'......

Stop it, you've got me daydreaming.

Imagine if Howe manages to fix this mess to the extent he beats Bruce's 12th and 13th places even with the first quarter season handicap. :kurt: I wouldn't be able to contain my smugness.

What's never clarified is just exactly what his stuff actually is. It's never "Steve Bruce knows his football" or "Steve Bruce knows about defending" but it's "Steve Bruce knows his stuff".

Aye, he knows Portuguese beaches like the back of his hand or how to never even endanger the working time directive but how's that going to get West Brom promoted? 

Just now, Dan Gleebals said:

Cannot beleive this twat is at the top of our forum again. 

I feel for WBA, I really do.  He will be gone before the season is out. 

Yeah but he’s top of the forum and it’s brilliant this time 

6 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Cannot beleive this twat is at the top of our forum again. 

I feel for WBA, I really do.  He will be gone before the season is out. 

The Schadenfreude would be minimal if there wasn't such a circus around his 'treatment' here.

Edited by Pixelphish

Mad that even after Howe has shown him up as a fraud, the footballing world still believes that our dislike of Steve Bruce was born of anything other than his disastrous performance as a manager. 

1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

The Schadenfreude would be minimal if their wasn't such a circus around his 'treatment' here.

Shame Covid got in the way of it and then he would have got "treatment" - he got away pretty much scot free from the fans, not sure what they are on about. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Mad that even after Howe has shown him up as a fraud, the footballing world still believes that our dislike of Steve Bruce was born of anything other than his disastrous performance as a manager. 

Anything to protect media darling Brucie, they won't be looking too deeply at how the same players are night and day, it'll just be "oh they've got lots of money and spent £90m in the Jan window, Bruce was shafted by Ashley". 

Anyway not our problem anymore, let just enjoy him crashing and burning in a lower league club.

25 minutes ago, number37 said:

What's never clarified is just exactly what his stuff actually is. It's never "Steve Bruce knows his football" or "Steve Bruce knows about defending" but it's "Steve Bruce knows his stuff".

Aye, he knows Portuguese beaches like the back of his hand or how to never even endanger the working time directive but how's that going to get West Brom promoted? 

steve-bruce.gif

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

From one of their forums;

"The one person who should stay at the Club is Steve Bruce. Keep him, he knows his stuff. Give him time, God knows he needs it."

I for one would like to see a club getting rid of everyone EXCEPT Steve Bruce.

It would prove to me that an alternative anti-matter universe does exist, just in the West Midlands, where even CERN hadn't thought to look.

This is why I have no problem wishing West Brom lose every game. Nowt against their fans, but if they are dumb enough to pin genuine hope on that fat fraud, then they deserve everything they've got coming.