Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

He’s got way more to his game than Gayle. When he played for us in the premier league he fluffed a ton of chances. If he can become more clinical in the premier league then he’ll get a lot of goals as he always had lots of opportunities. I love how he bullies defences 

It was more he didn't click with Rafa than not being good enough for the PL imo. Fulham offered him and exit and he just stuck there. Will be interesting to see if he adjusts back up but I think he would have been fine contributing for us. He never recovered from that Red. Rafa simply didn't trust him. 

I can't see Mitro being any different in the Prem this time than he was last time tbh. As seen before, it's one thing scoring week in, week out in the Championship but another thing entirely in the Prem. I suspect there might be an initial push but it'll probably fizzle as the season gets underway.

4 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I can't see Mitro being any different in the Prem this time than he was last time tbh. As seen before, it's one thing scoring week in, week out in the Championship but another thing entirely in the Prem. I suspect there might be an initial push but it'll probably fizzle as the season gets underway.

Didn't Fulham as a whole just dramatically drop off after the first couple of months last time? Put Mitro in a consistent top 10 team (without him) and he would perform at that level in the Prem

37 appearances and 11 goals wasn't bad first time round for Fulham imo. Last time around not so great tbf 

Likewise 9 in 34 wasn't fantastic for us but also not a disaster, its better than Wood this season. 

I was sad to see him go tbh. 

Edited by toontownman

15 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

When he starts to struggle the discipline issues will inevitably return too. 

1 hour ago, Armchair Pundit said:

It's one thing creating the chances he gets week in week out in the Championship but another thing entirely in the Prem. If you give him chances he'll score regularly.

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

37 appearances and 11 goals wasn't bad first time round for Fulham imo. Last time around not so great tbf 

Likewise 9 in 34 wasn't fantastic for us but also not a disaster, its better than Wood this season. 

I was sad to see him go tbh. 

I know there's a dedicated wood post, but just to say that at the time of signing we'd just lost Wilson and as we couldn't change the system easily they went out and bought a oval peg for a round hole.

15 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Didn't Fulham as a whole just dramatically drop off after the first couple of months last time? Put Mitro in a consistent top 10 team (without him) and he would perform at that level in the Prem

Yep. Like judging a striker based on their scoring return for Derby when they got their lowest points total.

Mitro is better than a lot of strikers currently playing in the PL regularly; Wood, Watkins, Adams, Weghorst, Maupay as examples.

He probably won’t be a CL winner, but he’s miles better than them. He’s had three seasons at PL level for two teams who got relegated, scoring 9, 11 and 3.

One poor season which is the total outlier compared to two decent seasons. What do people expect?

Not a single player outside of Tottenham, Liverpool and Man Utd has a goal return above 12 this season. It’s a complete myth that he should be hitting 10-15 goals every year at the level he has played at before in the PL.

Also nonsense that he has disciplinary issues too, the bloke hasn’t had a single red card since 2015/16.

He’s good enough for a team 6th - 10th.

Sick of fans saying he's not good enough for the Premier league. No one could ever persuade me that Chris Wood is a better striker than Mitrovic. Put Mitrovic in a top half team like West Ham instead of Antonio and he'd score loads more than Antonio has

Mitrovic has roughly been a one in four striker in the league, but it seems as though he's improved, matured and is playing for a team that plays to his strengths. 

I wish him all the best, but I certainly wouldn't want us to buy him.

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Sick of fans saying he's not good enough for the Premier league. No one could ever persuade me that Chris Wood is a better striker than Mitrovic. Put Mitrovic in a top half team like West Ham instead of Antonio and he'd score loads more than Antonio has

Would he do the work off the ball? Antonio and Wood get through a lot off the ball.

Not that Mitro can't make the jump. In 2 of his PL seasons his goal output has been decent.

Think a big part of Mitros form dropping off in the PL is down to how Fulham have to adapt their style for the league, put him in a side like West Ham’s and you might see 15 goals a season.

First time I've done everyones fixtures instead of just the teams that were below us a few months ago.

Got Southampton going down on goal difference from Brentford (who I've got on the beach relative to the other teams they play (Everton, Leeds)) - they play next I believe.  Lot of 'six pointers' between teams below us. So effectively on that paralell universe that game is the decider.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest HTT II

It will be interesting to see how he does next season that’s for sure. He’s a capable finisher, not clinical despite his tally, and he is strong and combative, so will always be a threat. But he’s extremely limited and any defender with a similar presence and pace should find him easy to deal with, especially outside of the box. Again I’m chuffed for him and Fulham as my nephew goes to their games, and it’s a cracking away day. But they may well struggle again next season, they’re already losing their best player for me in Carvalho to LFC and for pennies it seems.

From .com:

If Leeds, Everton and Burnley all lose and Brentford don't beat Southampton, then at least one of those sides would be unable to catch us (Brentford's last two games are against Leeds and Everton). Of course, we are already certain to finish above Watford and Norwich.

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

From .com:

Surely if only Leeds lose they are unlikely to catch us unless there’s a 19 goal swing in 3 games 

Edited by gdm