Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s a massive, vital we nullify them early on when the crowd is behind him. I don’t trust him to do that role tbh 

He was absolutely immense in the reverse fixture against these absolutely ran the show, should start for me will have an advantage straight away they were terrified of him.

Edited by WillingtonMag

They are above the drop on goal difference only (admittedly with games in hand), have lost ten premier league games in a row (last win Home to Arsenal, 2-1, 6th Dec).  In April they have West Ham (Away), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H). They must see us as the most winnable game and are in dire straits if they don’t win (There’s a Knopfler pun in there somewhere dying to get out…).  Irrational as it sounds, as they are fighting for their top flight status (never been relegated in living memory) makes me think they are more likely to win this game. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

They are above the drop on goal difference only (admittedly with games in hand), have lost ten premier league games in a row (last win Home to Arsenal, 2-1, 6th Dec).  In April they have West Ham (Away), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A), Chelsea (H). They must see us as the most winnable game and are in dire straits if they don’t win (There’s a Knopfler pun in there somewhere dying to get out…).  Irrational as it sounds, as they are fighting for their top flight status (never been relegated in living memory) makes me think they are more likely to win this game. 

They beat Leeds a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

He was absolutely immense in the reverse fixture against these absolutely ran the show, should start for me will have an advantage straight away they were terrified of him.

I get the point, however he has been awful since that game or injured 

If we'd got a point or Watford hadn't won I'd have looked at this as a chance to toy with them in front of a nervous crowd.

Too early for a rallying cry atmosphere and hopefully that s**t crowd will probably still come into effect.

Need players back. One win and that should be us. Don't want to get sucked back in.

I agree with everyone who says an early goal (or even just a good start from us) will make life very tricky for the Everton players. A win here and it's job done for us, if we lose we should be OK, but given our tough run in I might get a little nervous.

This game can be a "season decider" for both teams. If we win we are absolutely staying up and they are surely going down IMO. Other way round they can get a bit of confidence before a really tricky fixture list and we are going to have a lot of tough games until the end of the season too with an incoming pressure to win at least 2-3 from them. Win it and we can be relaxed for this season.

Coleman has been a disgrace for this lot for the last few weeks, I'd start ASM directly up against him and watch the carnage. Got the potential to absolutely roast him all night. Not sexually. 

26 minutes ago, midds said:

Coleman has been a disgrace for this lot for the last few weeks, I'd start ASM directly up against him and watch the carnage. Got the potential to absolutely roast him all night. Not sexually. 

Agreed totally, they HAVE to beat us, so ASM is perfect for counter attacking 

I know they lost Mina and Gray in the first half, but they were absolute bobbins at SJP. They had more of the ball but not a clue what to do with it. If Big Jow, Shelvey, Willock and ASM are all good to feature - and he puts wee man back in - I can't foresee any reason we don't comfortably win again.

Just hope we go back to four at the back and Manqi keeps his place ahead of cheeseslice.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I know they lost Mina and Gray in the first half, but they were absolute bobbins at SJP. They had more of the ball but not a clue what to do with it. If Big Jow, Shelvey, Willock and ASM are all good to feature - and he puts wee man back in - I can't foresee any reason we don't comfortably win again.

Just hope we go back to four at the back and Manqi keeps his place ahead of cheeseslice.

I'd keep Bruno in personally.

Dubravka, Manquillo, Schar, Burn, Targett, Willock, Joelinton, Bruno, Fraser, Wood, ASM.

Depending on fitness obviously, especially the midfielders.