Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

Dubs was badly positioned for their goal.

Krafth was lower than average.

Schar played well.

Dan made one mistake and it cost us.

Target was solid.

The two joes played well but not up to previous highs.

Bruno great 1st half, average 2nd.

Fraser was neat and worked hard but didnt impact on it.

Almiron ran about a lot but made little impact. Harrassed well...

ASM didnt get going and murphy was ok.

A 30 second lapse lost us the game. We never looked like losing all game tbh.

Bad luck today, especially against those twats

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

ITbh I think they've just inflicted on us what we've been doing to other teams on our run. 

They seemed up for it from the get go and were pressing pretty well all game so I don't really play into this notion we played poorly, we were just made to look poor, especially in the second half.

I think the relative desperation lack of desperation was a factor. That X-factor you just can't coach.

All things being equal like the first half I thought we were distinctly better than them, we are, part of why I'm so pissed off at it. Also at those horrible b8stards staying up.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I thought Willock was a passenger, couldn’t keep up with the pace of the game. It was extremely fast TBF. 

Not ideal coming into that intensity following an illness either 

Massively missing the likes of Wilson and Trippier. Probably Shelvey too tbh, Bruno was the only one in that midfield 3 with an eye for a pass. And I'm one who loves Joelinton and Willock.

It's also signs of fatigue, 3 away games in a week. Its also signs that our squad depth and options beyond our first XI when all fully fit are really poor and plenty need upgrading on and moved on in the summer. Krafth, Almiron, Murphy etc.

Questions being posed on ASM's role in the team too now. Either start him or don't play him for me.

5 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I think the relative desperation lack of desperation was a factor. That X-factor you just can't coach.

All things being equal like the first half I thought we were distinctly better than them, we are, part of why I'm so pissed off at it. Also at those horrible b8stards staying up.

Aye, Everton won't keep that up for the remainder of the season whereas we'll continue with what we've been doing the past few weeks, some huge players to come back into the fold as well. 

6 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Aye, Everton won't keep that up for the remainder of the season whereas we'll continue with what we've been doing the past few weeks, some huge players to come back into the fold as well. 

Keep what up though?  Everton were awful.  No shape whatsoever and basically running aimlessly around for most of the time.  We should have stuffed them but we weren't good enough on the night, simples.

50 minutes ago, TRon said:

We didn't actually create that many real chances. Seems like we are only really good at defending in reality.

Well by 'chances', I meant getting in or around the box. Not hugely often, but I would have thought a more developed team would have found the net with that. 

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Keep what up though?  Everton were awful.  No shape whatsoever and basically running aimlessly around for most of the time.  We should have stuffed them but we weren't good enough on the night, simples.

The intensity that they played with. They pressed all game and stopped us getting a foothold in the game. 

We had a few players who played poorly who were rightly replaced but for the main part the majority of our players weren't exactly Bruce era levels poor were they, we just couldn't settle and get into any real rhythm, that was because of hoe they played from what I saw.

Just now, Rod said:

And while I'm still annoyed, I wish to add my displeasure at Dubravka.  Christ!  Make it easy for the goalscorer why don't you?  Awful positioning.

He’s shite. Has been for ages. We’ll get a top keeper in the summer should we stay up. I’d clear the lot out and bring in some decent young backup as well.

Haven’t read the post match gloom.

Very poor performance, bordering on stupid .We need to learn to take it easy manage the game and fuck off with an easy point .

Another game we didn’t need to send on ASM for me but I get why he did but again it’s lead to defeat whichever way you dress it up .

poor 

Ironically them going down to ten men made things worse for us as they started sitting deep.

We have absolutely zero creativity higher up the pitch as far as incisive passing goes.

Bruno definitely has the ability in spades, but he was being used in that deeper position today, and I just don't think it benefits us enough if we go with that approach with the way the team is currently constructed.

Edited by KaKa

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Unfortunately he's not wrong though.

Can't be wasting opportunities like what we had tonight. It was so terrible.

Aye but Southampton had only lost once at home until we turned up. Probably not many saw that as an opportunity. Results are often unpredictable at this stage of the season. We'll pick up more points along the way.

Just now, Robster said:

Aye but Southampton had only lost once at home until we turned up. Probably not many saw that as an opportunity. Results are often unpredictable at this stage of the season. We'll pick up more points along the way.

Yeah, you're probably right. Fingers crossed.