Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, TRon said:

He's replacing Murphy who has the same problems. it's a toss up tbh.

Think Murphy does a lot more for the team and is quite a bit ahead of him tbh, hit the post numerous times and created things should have won a penalty last weekend. Can't remember last thing of note Almiron did?

Just now, Shearergol said:

he’s utter shite, but as people point out we’d have to play with 10 men if we hadn’t signed him. 

In terms of goals return, no better or worse than Gayle

In terms of contributing to our play positively, he's been positive but definitely not £25m worth. 

Painfully average panic signing no two ways about it. 

Just now, joeyt said:

Commentators talking about Everton as if they're a lower league underdog in a cup tie. Embarassing for them

Get ASM on for Almiron

Will he have the work rate, and track back for his new found critic's?

Just now, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

His passing and crossing has been stinking. 

Mega pissed off with him. 

Wood missing two decent chances too. Last ten minutes or so we’ve been very sloppy.

Just now, KaKa said:

Decent game. Gut feeling is that Everton will throw it away with a mistake.

Aye this frantic end to end will benefit us I reckon. We're more prepared, better organised, and have better quality to deal with it. Should hopefully be able to take advantage on the counter when they're lower on numbers at the back. We need a more quality, though. 

Don't feel worried at all here, they're powder puff, remind me of us under Bruce, get it to Richarlison and hope for the best, no movement around him, no one ahead of him and no one in the box when the ball goes out wide.

Howe will have his number, make a few tweaks at half time and we'll turn the screw here.

I’m not used to us having so much of the ball. I’m not sure I like it :lol: 

Proper ugly to watch all of our long free kicks. But causes chaos and it is quite effective. 

I think we have looked solid and the better team. But neither look like scoring. 

Not sure why the commentators are praising the crowd so much. It just seems to be some murmurs and a few boos when we have the ball. Hardly really loud and inspiring bar the first 5-10 minutes. 

We've knocked it about well during spells when we've been content to just keep possession, but whenever we've tried to be a bit incisive the execution has been poor. Some shitty passed but the dawdling on the ball has been a killer at times. Have to wonder why players aren't releasing it sooner. 

Game's there to be won.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Will he have the work rate, and track back for his new found critic's?

No he won't, but probably not as crucial as it was against Chelsea, as Everton are a bit naff.

I get the fact Wood's presence frees up room for others but hes fucking terrible like, imagine how much better we would be by replacing him with someone who has the same presence but can actually play football and score goals.

Just now, TRon said:

What? Bruno is toothless?

No the team has been toothless. 

Bruno just off the pace. Getting the bal knocked from him.  Everton are doing what they like in his zone. Slowing things down when we need to be quick. Has shown a nice range of passing at times though.  Nice switches.