sunderland in the EFL

Big River

56 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Genuine question: What happened with Short that made them turn on him? What did he actually do or not do? There’s either a ‘nothing at all but…’ or ‘well to be fair to the mackems he did…’ answer to this and I am sat poised for it in all its delicious detail.

Quinn said Short would subsidise them if they got the 40k gates he sold Short on, when his push to clamp down on screenings and put on free transport to the game came from. They still couldn't be arsed to go so Short opted against pissing his fortunes up the wall.

Also peaking at 10th wasn't to their liking. They deserved better, for some unknown reason not related to their recent history or income.

What a terrible owner.

Edited by Wolfcastle

37 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Even the tiger looks anguished by this announcement

:lol: 

27 minutes ago, Charlies said:

I'm sure I've seen him shouting at buses in the town. 

:lol: 

It. Never. Fails. They can't go a few weeks without some sort of embarrassment. :lol: 

8 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Quinn said Short would subsidise them if they got the 40k gates he sold Short on, when his push to clamp down on screenings and put on free transport to the game came from. They still couldn't be arsed to go so Short opted against pissing his fortunes up the wall.

Also peaking at 10th wasn't to their liking. They deserved better, for some unknown reason not related to their recent history or income.

What a terrible owner.

They’ve been massaging the attendance figures for years.A have a couple of mackem mates who’ve been attending for years and they’ve told me there were regularl howls of laughter when the attendance was announced ,especially when Quinn was chairman .Due to the sharing out of gate receipts after cup games,the attendance figures have to be accurate,hence their general shit attendances for cup games.

34 minutes ago, jack j said:

He looks like the homeless fella who used to sit in old Eldon Square

Fuck what was he called?

Also, anyone remember the bloke hanging round monument with verses from Bible on front and back of him?

I used to just call him Jesus man as a bairn

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Fuck what was he called?

Also, anyone remember the bloke hanging round monument with verses from Bible on front and back of him?

I used to just call him Jesus man as a bairn

He was called Jimmy IIRC if it’s the same bloke you’re referring to, I remember being on the number 1 bus once and he was on there,  nobody would sit near him, he did stink, it was the only seat available downstairs so I sat near him and chatted to him. A few weeks later I bumped into him in Town and offered him money and he refused, apparently he lost his family in a house fire. Seemed a really gentle man.

Guest HTT II
18 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I see he has an estimated net worth of 33M

That’s probably why he refused my offer of money. His house looked like shit.

Guest HTT II

First they made a nonce play for them and now someone who was covid positive at the time, stay classy!

51 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I see he has an estimated net worth of 33M

Not surprised. He spent full days in there and people were very kind to him even if he didn't accept all of it

8 hours ago, HTT II said:

He was called Jimmy IIRC if it’s the same bloke you’re referring to, I remember being on the number 1 bus once and he was on there,  nobody would sit near him, he did stink, it was the only seat available downstairs so I sat near him and chatted to him. A few weeks later I bumped into him in Town and offered him money and he refused, apparently he lost his family in a house fire. Seemed a really gentle man.

He apparently slept rough in the Rising Sun Country Park and he actually died around Thunder Thursday, back in 2012. Think his body was found around there. :(