sunderland in the EFL

Big River

8 hours ago, Donut said:

I see they are still pretending to be a beacon of human rights, yet their team had to stop taking the knee because of the fewm. Fuck these two faced racist cunts.

We all know it's fuck all to do with human rights for the reason of their faux outrage 

Edited by et tu brute

7 hours ago, Stifler said:

Sheffield Wednesday are bigger than them.

Derby are arguably bigger than them, and that’s 2 teams from the division below where they have just came from.

You could also say the same about Fulham.

Well, that’s just not true, none of them are bigger, on any level. Sunderland’s biggest problem is that it’s in Sunderland. We also suffer from location and tbh we could do with the whole region getting proper investment to make the whole place more attractive.

As a region we get looked upon as massively 2nd rate. It’s a huge issue.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Well, that’s just not true, none of them are bigger, on any level. Sunderland’s biggest problem is that it’s in Sunderland. We also suffer from location and tbh we could do with the whole region getting proper investment to make the whole place more attractive.

As a region we get looked upon as massively 2nd rate. It’s a huge issue.

MAG

Edited by HTT II

We win the championship = 'job done'

They finish 5th in the 3rd tier and win the end of season mini-tournament = pride, passion, promoted

...and they consider themselves the bigger club!?

I think they're making more out of a lesser achievement than Rotherham are, but whatever

Edited by Wolfcastle

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I see the real reason for their faux outrage is evident on there today. 

Care to elaborate so I don't have to scroll through post after post of shite over there?

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Can’t even afford to put out a DVD…

I find it remarkable they think enough of their fans will take time out of their day to read. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

We win the championship = 'job done'

They finish 5th in the 3rd tier and win the end of season mini-tournament = pride, passion, promoted

...and they consider themselves the bigger club!?

I think they're making more out of a lesser achievement than Rotherham are, but whatever

Strangely, I think it was (finishing 5th in the third tier) their joint worst season in their history.

6 hours ago, Scoot said:

Care to elaborate so I don't have to scroll through post after post of shite over there?

Just their way of delight that we are struggling in their minds to convince players to join, we will never overtake the top clubs, richest club in the world, but not paying increased transfer fees  blah blah, so just showing their true focus of why they are bricking it. As we all know nothing to do with human rights.

Edited by et tu brute

7 hours ago, madras said:

Strangely, I think it was (finishing 5th in the third tier) their joint worst season in their history.

Let's not forget that they managed to finish 8th in the Third Division in 2019-20.  Their glorious play off triumph needs contextualised with this in mind.  They finished 52nd in English football that season.

Whatever happens next season, it will be their first 'top-half' finish in five years.  Top half of the football league, that is of course - they've only managed three actual 'top-half' finishes in the top flight in the last 65 years.

They're the biggest club in the second tier though, of that there can be no doubt*

*this statement has some doubt attached

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Let's not forget that they managed to finish 8th in the Third Division in 2019-20.  Their glorious play off triumph needs contextualised with this in mind.  They finished 52nd in English football that season.

Whatever happens next season, it will be their first 'top-half' finish in five years.  Top half of the football league, that is of course - they've only managed three actual 'top-half' finishes in the top flight in the last 65 years.

They're the biggest club in the second tier though, of that there can be no doubt*

*this statement has some doubt attached

So I hear.... 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/statement-of-fact.1581879/