sunderland in the EFL

Big River

29 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Their best player of the PL era by absolutely miles (Phillips) had a single decent season in the PL and a reasonable career at various levels. He was a peripheral figure for the national team for an extremely short period. All of the rest are at best, journeymen and cloggers and more commonly, absolute detritus. And that's it. Whereas we've had Cole, Shearer, Batty, Howey, Pearce, Lee, Ferdinand, Dyer, Jenas, Woodgate, Taylor, Owen, Carroll, Pope, Trippier, Wilson and plenty others I've probably forgotten about. Also, we've had some blinding non-English players like Asprilla, Albert, Speed, Ginola, Solano, Given, Robert, Colo, Martins, Enrique, Gutirez, Tiote, Ba, Cisse, Bruno, Botman, Isak...

They are just a small shit stain next to us on the map.

I have never got the whole Phillips thing mind, he had one excellent season and that's it, he was a decent player but the mackems seem to believe he is some type of all time premier league great and they reckon the only reason he never played more for England is because Shearer said he didn't want him in the squad.

I always thought he was class for them personally. Joined them when they were relegated and scored 30+ in the championship but lost in playoff final (think he was injured for the final?), scored another 30 odd when they went up as champions and scored 30 odd in the Premier League when they finished 7th. Season after he still scored 15+ when they finished 7th again 

Had a 1 in 2 record at Sunderland, over 200 appearances.

1 in 3 for Southampton which isn't terrible.

He also had better than 1 in 2 for West Brom but I'm assuming that was championship.

Edited by STM

57 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I always thought he was class for them personally. Joined them when they were relegated and scored 30+ in the championship but lost in playoff final (think he was injured for the final?), scored another 30 odd when they went up as champions and scored 30 odd in the Premier League when they finished 7th. Season after he still scored 15+ when they finished 7th again 

He was s**t hot, but that still amounts to one good season in the top flight so the point, harsh though it seems stands. Went right off the boil and was just average after. Still think his form in 97-99 would have applied to the PL but we'll never know.

He came back to our place with either Villa or Southampton one time didn't even get to be booed he had that little involvement. Got booed when he went back there the first time though.

Edited by Wolfcastle

The Argentina v Saudi Arabia match thread on there is something to behold. Comments such as c’mon the Argies and stick 10 past the mag cunts as a mere taster.

They’ve actually wound themselves upto such an extent that they hate a whole nation and would happily cheer on a country that we went to war with in the 80’s.

This from the same set of fans who said we shouldn’t celebrate armistice day or wear poppy’s, due to the origin of our new owners.

This from the same set of fans who are so fervently pro British, yet they would rather support the Argies over arguably the UK’s closest ally in the Middle East.

Do these same people seriously expect us to buy that if we weren’t owned by PIF they wouldn’t be loving the Argies getting beat today ?

The greatest sporting shock in World Cup history and in this lots eyes the Saudis may aswell have been wearing black and white today. 

One word splendid.

Edited by Whitley mag

48 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The Argentina v Saudi Arabia match thread on there is something to behold. Comments such as c’mon the Argies and stick 10 past the mag cunts as a mere taster.

They’ve actually wound themselves upto such an extent that they hate a whole nation and would happily cheer on a country that we went to war with in the 80’s.

This from the same set of fans who said we shouldn’t celebrate armistice day or wear poppy’s, due to the origin of our new owners.

This from the same set of fans who are so fervently pro British, yet they would rather support the Argies over arguably the UK’s closest ally in the Middle East.

Do these same people seriously expect us to buy that if we weren’t owned by PIF they wouldn’t be loving the Argies getting beat today ?

The greatest sporting shock in World Cup history and in this lots eyes the Saudis may aswell have been wearing black and white today. 

One word splendid.

one word, brainwashed .

1 hour ago, Dancing Brave said:

Two "Mag at work" porkies within a few minutes :facepalm:

"Mags at work are actually supporting them, unreal man"

"There’s a mag at my place that won’t watch any England games if Pickford is in nets. I’m not joking either."

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/is-that-reet.1594301/

They love their lies and inaccuracies. 

9 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Just got back in from celebrating in the Bigg market, what have I missed?

The Saudi result against Argentina really has tipped some of them completely over the edge on RTG like. Under normal circumstances they'd be laughing at Argentina & Messi for the result against weaker opposition but they're having to double down on how all Newcastle supporters now support SA and everything they do.

You expect the odd idiot in the NUFC thread over there to slip in a bit of casual islamophobia, and by now I realise that the mods will let it go even though they obviously read the thread as some of them post in it. But it's coming to something when it's reported and mods condone it and even chip in to deny it's racist because "you're not an arab so how can it be racist" or "it's ok because of SA's human rights record".

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-sportswashing-november-2022.1594225/post-37267329

'Camel humper' is just the language getting "a bit salty" apparently.

3 minutes ago, UV said:

The Saudi result against Argentina really has tipped some of them completely over the edge on RTG like. Under normal circumstances they'd be laughing at Argentina & Messi for the result against weaker opposition but they're having to double down on how all Newcastle supporters now support SA and everything they do.

You expect the odd idiot in the NUFC thread over there to slip in a bit of casual islamophobia, and by now I realise that the mods will let it go even though they obviously read the thread as some of them post in it. But it's coming to something when it's reported and mods condone it and even chip in to deny it's racist because "you're not an arab so how can it be racist" or "it's ok because of SA's human rights record".

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-sportswashing-november-2022.1594225/post-37267329

'Camel humper' is just the language getting "a bit salty" apparently.

Are you the NUFC fan posting on there? Not sure why anyone would tbh, they’re that backward that regardless of what the conversation topic is, it’s impossible for it to be constructive. 

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Are you the NUFC fan posting on there? Not sure why anyone would tbh, they’re that backward that regardless of what the conversation topic is, it’s impossible for it to be constructive. 

Nah, I have a login to keep up with threads but it's far too toxic to post as a NUFC supporter over there.

Edited by UV

4 hours ago, UV said:

Nah, I have a login to keep up with threads but it's far too toxic to post as a NUFC supporter over there.

TBF ,no one can top @Nuntumblers effort as "WeysKeyse" or whatever it was on RTG. No point going in peyce right now, just go big and short and burn out in glory with an IP ban.