sunderland in the EFL

Big River

30 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Have sunlun fc ever had two players on the pitch at the same time for England? 

I'd guess not judging by that thread on the most exciting/existing players they've seen including as highlights Nicky Summerbee, Kieron Brady, Marco Gabbiadini, Allan Jonhston, Adam Nonceson, Patrick Roberts, Martin Smith, Don Hutchison, Gary Rowell.  Three of whom even managed to have careers mostly in the top division albeit unspectacularly.

Edited by Wolfcastle

29 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I'd guess not judging by that thread on the most exciting/existing players they've seen including as highlights Nicky Summerbee, Kieron Brady, Marco Gabbiadini, Allan Jonhston, Adam Nonceson, Patrick Roberts, Martin Smith, Don Hutchison, Gary Rowell.  Three of whom even managed to have careers mostly in the top division albeit unspectacularly.

Someone mentioned Whitley Bay born,Newcastle fan and ex Newcastle United player Michael Bridges.The poster must think he’s a born and bread mackem with no Newcastle connections.

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

One mackem said he was proud to be a Northumbrian who supports sunlun.Wasn’t/isn’t everyone from the Tweed to the Humber a Northumbrian? 

Northumbria was quite fluid in its time. At its largest it stretched beyond Edinburgh and over to the west coast of scotland. As far south as the Humber and the North west English coast almost as far as North Wales.

So they should all be massive mags fans.

Edited by madras

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

My experience of Darlington, having worked there for several years, is that there's more Newcastle fans there than Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Darlington combined. Felt like a home from home in that regard!

Lived there for 8 years and genuinely cannot recall a single Hicksville supporter from the town, surrounding areas had a few tho’

Edited by Mag_in_NZ

1 hour ago, madras said:

Northumbria was quite fluid in its time. At its largest it stretched beyond Edinburgh and over to the west coast of scotland. As far south as the Humber and the North west English coast almost as far as North Wales.

So they should all be massive mags fans.

Turncoats[emoji38]

9 hours ago, danny said:

in 48 years of my life ive only ever met one macum, and he was 78 in b&q. still offered me out tho was well scared.....,.

Remember years ago we played them down at their place (pretty sure it was the Dabizas 1-0 game). We'd been down there and got back into town and naturally stayed out celebrating all night.

We came out of Ram Jams singing away and in good spirits and inexplicably there was a mackem stood outside. Not wearing colours obviously but he didn't take kindly to us still celebrating and a few words were exchanged. He took a swing at me which luckily I anticipated and managed to dodge and just as I was about to throw one back at him, one of the doorman who was obviously more skilled in the art of combat than I, got in first and put him straight on his arse with a massive haymaker! Turned round to us and said "go on get down the road we'll sort him out". 

They used to enjoy booting troublemakers down the alley separating Ram Jams from Steam back then so I assume that was his fate that night. To this day the only mackem I've ever encountered in the Bigg Market.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Love how it starts off (Argies 1-0 up).... "Mandy will be crying" .... "Horses and Phoneboxes beware"

and now its (SA 2-1 up)... "Hope Dopey Mowbray is watching and taking note of Al-Shabab players"

:lol:

Edited by TK-421

Why do they almost all want Saudi Arabia to win? What about human rights?

Blow ffs!!

It's play til Argentina score I think

Shameful this form the ref.

I'm going to get well oiled tonight!

Blow the whistle! Well over surely

What a result!

Amazing!!

Unreal result.

Owa the moon me

30 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Why do they almost all want Saudi Arabia to win? What about human rights?

Not bothered about Human Rights and Saudi unless its linked to us/our ownership, then its Fewmin Rights, Marra.

Edited by TK-421

We don’t understand- they only can’t abide the Saudis that part own Newcastle. All the others are ok, obviously. It’s the Newcastle Saudis that are bombing the kids and the ones that they fewm about. The ‘other’ Saudi Arabians can’t help being of that nationality, or being ruled over by the Newcastle Saudis, so they get a free ride on RTG. (P.S- Oh…but Newcastle fans are complicit in the war crimes, obviously.)

19 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Their best player of the PL era by absolutely miles (Phillips) had a single decent season in the PL and a reasonable career at various levels. He was a peripheral figure for the national team for an extremely short period. All of the rest are at best, journeymen and cloggers and more commonly, absolute detritus. And that's it. Whereas we've had Cole, Shearer, Batty, Howey, Pearce, Lee, Ferdinand, Dyer, Jenas, Woodgate, Taylor, Owen, Carroll, Pope, Trippier, Wilson and plenty others I've probably forgotten about. Also, we've had some blinding non-English players like Asprilla, Albert, Speed, Ginola, Solano, Given, Robert, Colo, Martins, Enrique, Gutirez, Tiote, Ba, Cisse, Bruno, Botman, Isak...

They are just a small shit stain next to us on the map.