Newcastle United 0-1 Liverpool (30/04/2022)

Disco

45 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:lol:

Really not sure what happens with him this summer. He is so untidy, wild touches, wild passes, wild shooting, all very messy.

If he's happy to be a squad player, maybe keep him as a wildcard off the bench and to be mostly used against poorer opposition.

The top teams deal with him so incredibly easily.

This sums it up perfectly. Messy, wild and untidy. Aka shite. 

I'm encouraged by that performance to be honest. Could've easily stayed nil nil without help from the ref.

They're a good team, but there is no way Liverpool win the quadruple this year. They looked stressed and tired at times.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Guybrush said:

I'm encouraged by that performance to be honest. Could've easily stayed nil nil without help from the ref.

They're a good team, but there is no way Liverpool win the quadruple this year. They looked stressed and tired at times.

They ran rings around us to be honest and looked anything but stressed and tired, again they didn’t even get out of neutral never mind 1st gear. A superb team, Milner was fantastic I thought as was Matip, Henderson and Diaz played both flanks well.

I don't mind losing to them at this stage but the manner of the defeat was really frustrating, we seemed to be shitting ourselves when attacking them and when trying to defend and we were lucky it wasn't more, midfield was completely gone for a while as well, Howe needs to look at this and see how we can compete more against teams of this caliber next season.

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

I don't mind losing to them at this stage but the manner of the defeat was really frustrating, we seemed to be shitting ourselves when attacking them and when trying to defend and we were lucky it wasn't more, midfield was completely gone for a while as well, Howe needs to look at this and see how we can compete more against teams of this caliber next season.

Just goes to show we do need 4-5 upgrades to push on. Plus inhalers, shitloads of them. 

Big gulf in class for me , they just made it look easy .

To match that we need 5-6 top notchers at least , ASM is not at that level at all. 

They never got out of second gear 

17 minutes ago, HTT II said:

They ran rings around us to be honest and looked anything but stressed and tired, again they didn’t even get out of neutral never mind 1st gear. A superb team, Milner was fantastic I thought as was Matip, Henderson and Diaz played both flanks well.

They have more quality no question, but it looked at times like they were feeling the pressure that comes with expectation, especially in the first few minutes.

They're a good team, but they've played better, and were let off with some decisions.

First home game for a decade. Prognosis is we are massively overachieving with that team (obviously excluding injured). Liverpool never got out of second gear and were  obviously reserving their energy levels and yet still had us blowing out of our arses from 60 mins. Maxi had an absolute stinker. Bruno is world class and would start for Liverpool. 

0-1 against the best club team in the world isn’t a bad result (couldn’t have complained if it was 5 mind)

Edited by RS

Did okay given the opposition. Most Liverpool opportunities came from turnovers where we give the ball away cheaply. But I'm a tad disappointed in us in possession, as an attacking entity we were next to non existent.

Hey ho, onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, Smal said:

64% passing accuracy according to whoscored. Only Burno managing >80%. Defence shit themselves in possession. 

We reacted to the Liverpool press poorly, but in general our deep transitions have been poor for donkeys. I hope with better players and a big pre season we will come back looking much better. 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

We need a striker, desperately. Someone to push teams back with pace, put pressure on off the ball and serve as an outlet. Nothing we didn’t know. 

Yep, played with 10 men all day today, whether it was St Max or Wood up front, both were shockingly bad 

Just got back.

We're at least 6 quality players away from Liverpool, if not more.

As decent as he's been since Howe came in, Shelvey should not be starting next season. 

We can't play out from the back at all, we just don't have the players (including Dubravka). I'd like that to change.

Liverpool with the the quietest set of fans we've had this season, in my opinion. Really shite.

Looking forward to next season. Hope we have another solid window.

Eddie Howe's Black and White Army!

Edited by Rocker

Think today showed what we all know.  Defence has improved massively but our wing and attack play is toothless.  

I had us to lose 1-3 so not too bad a result.  I'm just excited for close season,  2 strikers, winger, midfielder and a CB as well as sign Targett.  HWTL.

17 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

6  New players? More like 16 players. 

We've got a job to do over the next few years and I can't fucking wait. 

Howay the fucking lads

Aye, but I'm trying to be somewhat realistic. [emoji38]

2 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

The unforced offside errors on set-pieces was a particular disappointment to me.

Felt like we were crying out for someone to make a run round the outside of their offside trap

It'll probably be the acceptance that we're basically safe but not too disheartened by today...of course there's a lot of work to do before we can really compete with the top 6 but what I was pleased about today was the fighting spirit - up until the final whistle, I really did feel that we could nick something (which in contrast to the Bruce era is something, we'd have lost 5-0 easily with that cabbage in the dugout).

I think there’s good news for next year.  Before Howe was appointed I was concerned whether he could organise a defence, which was his historical weakness. He’s proven he can do that, even with cheap parts. Now our issue is can he build our attack? Well, that’s his strength, and he’ll have loads of money to do it. So it’s all positive for me. His defence will comfortably keep us in the league next year. The success of his attacking coaching will dictate how high up the league we can go