Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 8/5/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

6 hours ago, GeordieInManc said:

Yeah - I hadn’t event got to my seat when we’d already conceded a penalty 3/4 years ago. Colback gave it away if I’m not mistaken?

I seem to remember that it was mbawa ( sorry about the spelling). City kicked off, heading to the away end, some picks up the ball on the edge of the box, he sticks out a leg, player goes down - game over.

43 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

I seem to remember that it was mbawa ( sorry about the spelling). City kicked off, heading to the away end, some picks up the ball on the edge of the box, he sticks out a leg, player goes down - game over.

Remember remember, Chancel Mbemba. Good shout! 

I also remember it being 1-1 at HT once only for Aguero to score 4 in 20 mins in the 2nd half!

Think Mitro opened the scoring 

Barry the bellend!

2) City need to be built up for el gasico
Even before their midweek Champions League defeat at the Bernabéu, Manchester City’s home match against resurgent Newcastle looked one of the more likely banana skins on their top-flight run-in. Until, that is, you examined Eddie Howe’s record against Pep Guardiola – a miserable 11 defeats from 11 with an aggregate score of 34-5. All but one of those losses occurred before Wor Eddie joined Pep in the managerial ranks of the nation state-owned sportswashing vehicles, only to lose his first el gasico derby 4-0 at St James’ Park in December. His much-improved side travel to the Etihad Stadium to take on a team that were left floored and visibly distraught after their mugging by Real Madrid. It is up to Guardiola to rally his troops, a task that may take some doing. After City’s failure in a massive midweek test of their mettle, a season that promised so much could be completely derailed by Sunday evening. BG

12 minutes ago, jarrovianmag said:

Looked on their site - still plenty tickets available in their end. Unbelievable considering they are top of the league 

Aye, where in their end tomorrow. Not expecting it to be as lively as the last time we did it for the Tino / Keith Curle game at Main Road.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye, where in their end tomorrow. Not expecting it to be as lively as the last time we did it for the Tino / Keith Curle game at Main Road.

Remember being at that game , in the Bluebell before the match too

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

Why does he think he’s dry and funny? He’s not dry or funny. He does his Gasio joke twice.

He's not clever or funny and I've never got the impression he even likes football. Stealing a living.

Just now, ilikenewcastle said:

He's not clever or funny and I've never got the impression he even likes football. Stealing a living.

Thing is, there’s guys like Giles Smith (is he still around?) who you can imagine aren’t huge experts but have genuine talent at writing so are bringing that to the table. Richardson another one. Then the nerds who have their place appealing to the other nerds. This dickheads operates in a middle area- neither a good enough writer to compensate for his lack of football knowledge nor a clumsy writer who compensates with imparting genuine knowledge on the reader. A waste of everybody’s time, and an obvious pisshead. 

8 hours ago, GeordieInManc said:

Remember remember, Chancel Mbemba. Good shout! 

I also remember it being 1-1 at HT once only for Aguero to score 4 in 20 mins in the 2nd half!

Think Mitro opened the scoring 

Sorry to correct you, but the mitro game was on a Saturday, as I was on a cruise and saw the game.

The game with Mbemba was on a Monday night I believe as I saw it on sky TV.

Will stand corrected if wrong.

5 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Sorry to correct you, but the mitro game was on a Saturday, as I was on a cruise and saw the game.

The game with Mbemba was on a Monday night I believe as I saw it on sky TV.

Will stand corrected if wrong.

Yeah that’s what I was saying - two different matches. 

7 hours ago, jarrovianmag said:

Looked on their site - still plenty tickets available in their end. Unbelievable considering they are top of the league 

To be fair, they have a ticket exchange available to Seasoncard holders. These seats get released to general sale once the match sells out.