Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 8/5/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

So, a hypothetical - we can win one of either City away or Burnley away. 

Beating City sees Liverpool win the league. 

Beating Burnley sees Everton stay up. 

Which do you choose? 

Beat City, Everton going down would be too good to miss.

Beating City doesn't mean Liverpool win the league. They'll be on even points.

Burnley is probably already down after today so us winning the last match means nothing.

No matter what winning before today meant for other teams I'd want us to win both, and I still do.

9 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Which do you choose? 

Beat Burnley, not too fussed who goes down.

17 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Which do you choose? 

Beat city, the confidence it would give the players would be brilliant 

Edited by SUPERTOON

8 hours ago, Wilson said:

Anyone else fucked over by the trains on the way back tomorrow? 

Just going to drop this in here because I didn't know about it so guessing some others might not. 

The cunts i booked my tickets with haven't mentioned it and i only know because a mate told me. 

https://www.manchesterworld.uk/news/transpennine-express-rail-strike-intercity-services-from-manchester-disrupted-here-are-the-routes-affected-3562152

4 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Which do you choose? 

Beat Man City; which scouse club does what doesn’t bother me, but winning away at Man City would be fantastic for confidence and would be far more memorable

5 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Which do you choose? 

Beating City

I dislike Liverpool in its entirety. I don't like the players, the fans or the manager. Wouldn't ever wish for them to win anything.

Everton going down would be great but equally Burmley have scraped by for long enough now, give another team a chance to be fighting relagtion every year.

It’s entertaining reading the who would you rather help/hinder opinions. I can’t help desperately wanting us to win. Even though it is against the odds  and more importantly will lead to exponential increase in grumpy rage from my 13 old Man City mad son. 

We were sitting together in City end when we beat them in the League cup (we live in Manchester). He was very young and when our first goal went in a big fat tear appeared on his cheek. Had the odd experience of trying to console him (through my beaming smile…).  When the second goal went in, he actually kicked my foot with a ‘I hate your team!’ (His supposed second team). Didn’t speak to me all the way back to the car (relations improved after stop for sweets/crisps refuelling). 

I was in away end and he was in home end (with family members) when we lost 6-1 (1-1 at half time, we should have been 2-0 up). Went to pick him up through sky blue masses, in my b&w top, to be met with him (still very young) hanging off a lamppost sticking the Vs up 🤷‍♂️ (Much to his Grandma’s shock). Said he thought it was a victory sign. I said I fell asleep at half-time and wouldn’t believe it was anything but a draw.  Could be tasty tonight ! 

I had a dream last night that we went 3-0 up, but knew it was a dream and we ended up losing 4-3.

I then proceeded to dream thatI woke and we quickly went 3-0 up in the actual match, and both teams had 2 men sent off during a brawl after our goals, we hung on for the 3-0 win.

This can only mean one thing, nothing and we will be comfortably beaten with possibly one Man City player scoring a hat trick.

Guest reefatoon

I just want us to grab a draw to make us mathematically safe. After that Bristol Rovers game, it shows anything can happen, so let’s get safe today.

The plan has to be that we can keep it close for as long as possible in the hope that City lose their bottle. Much easier said than done but if we get to the 60-70th minute a goal behind or level, introducing Wilson might just be enough to gain a point or three. 

Defend well, frustrate them then maybe those doubts from their CL game creep back in. They had the final in their sights and threw it away in the time it takes to make a cup of tea. Liverpool have given them initiative, we have to test their resolve. 

10 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

No one tempted to go in heavy on the 14/1 price today? 

I changed my bet to £50 at 16/1 for us to win. Also put £10 on 0 - 1 result with Bruno only scorer. It's throwing money away, but fuck it. :lol:

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I feel like they're going to take everything out on us :lol:

Probably will - I think Liverpool slipping up takes some pressure off a little too. I just hope we see a good effort and learnt from Liverpool game and if we lose, scoreline isn't silly.

To stand a remote chance of getting anything we need to be as solid as we were at Chelsea but we need to have a presence in attack. Many times v Man City we've been non-existent as an attacking entity and the amount of turnovers it results in has the ball coming straight back to our 18 yard line. Need to go with a sort of game plan Tottenham put in last night, they played that perfectly.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

I changed my bet to £50 at 16/1 for us to win. Also put £10 on 0 - 1 result with Bruno only scorer. It's throwing money away, but fuck it. :lol:

Get in 😂 wish I was so brave. Hate seeing us at such ridiculous prices and always tempted would think we were a devision below at that price. A player sent off or a dodgy decision and anything can happen.