Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

I had thought pretty much everyone who was wanting a season ticket was getting memberships in October as there was talk back then of there being half season tickets on sale like there usually is. Pretty much all of my WhatsApp group of Newcastle supporting mates did that.

Have to say I agree with the linked accounts thing too. We used it throughout last season so that we could sit together or close at games, with one person ordering. We'd never be together otherwise and some of my mates work jobs where they can't just sit on the ticket website at 10am some random Tuesday morning. 

Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

corporate is nigh on sold out as well for the full season

First time in 10 years or so, if true!

52 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

I had thought pretty much everyone who was wanting a season ticket was getting memberships in October as there was talk back then of there being half season tickets on sale like there usually is. Pretty much all of my WhatsApp group of Newcastle supporting mates did that.

Have to say I agree with the linked accounts thing too. We used it throughout last season so that we could sit together or close at games, with one person ordering. We'd never be together otherwise and some of my mates work jobs where they can't just sit on the ticket website at 10am some random Tuesday morning. 

I bought a membership for me and my boy. That made me eligible, along with all of the tickets I bought, but still couldn’t get a ST today.

5 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Membership is fine like. I quite like sitting in different parts of the ground as well.

I enjoyed doing this last season too. I doubt I’ll get to as many due to demand but getting to the odd match will do me 

Aye I didn’t get one earlier despite having 6 or 7 queues on the go. Just get a member thing and do the odd one. Be plenty of games where the away club won’t take a fullsy too. 

Seems that there may be a ballot for some away tickets this season.

Was just mooching about the hospitality brochure on .co.uk and noticed that all options (Executive, SBR Suite, Moncur, Heroes, Magpie etc) have the opportunity to enter 'away ticket ballot'.

Not sure if that's a new thing or not, but could be linked to the random new ballot section on website?

19 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Seems that there may be a ballot for some away tickets this season.

Was just mooching about the hospitality brochure on .co.uk and noticed that all options (Executive, SBR Suite, Moncur, Heroes, Magpie etc) have the opportunity to enter 'away ticket ballot'.

Not sure if that's a new thing or not, but could be linked to the random new ballot section on website?

If they’ve replaced the ‘all corporates can buy X number of away tickets for any game’ with a ballot system, that would be excellent, as presumably means more tickets for standard ST holders, and subsequently selling out at lower points thresholds.

Big if obviously…

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Quite surprised corporate customers are bothered about away games. 

It appeared they weren’t particularly until last season….then there seemed to be a definite spike in the uptake (although that was never properly confirmed).

Appreciate this has been done to death, so apologies in advance. But it still absolutely baffles me the amount of our fans on twitter literally point-scoring over having a ST and just abusing those who can't get one now. Really has been getting to me this week.

I remember people who stopped going under Ashley saying some unsavoury things to those who kept going - scabs etc - so definitely not innocent. But I'd have loved to have thought that now, when everything is on an upward trajectory with regards to NUFC, people could just actually Unite and all be on board for the first time in a generation. Demand is far exceeding supply for the first time since the 90s, and back then it meant we had to go from 36k - 52k to accommodate.

Twitter is certainly not the best place to grasp an overall perspective of attitudes - totally get that - but seeing some say they'd be against extending as it accommodates us glory-hunting fans ffs :lol:Surely there has to be some form of glory involved? I'd like to think that in reality, there isn't an NUFC fan alive who wouldn't be against extending SJP if it was possible. I think we'd all prefer that to moving, but to want to keep it @ 52k just to be spiteful is fucking ridiculous. Our owners definitely won't think like that thankfully, but I've muted so many accounts since Tuesday. I'd bet a good few of these tits only got a ticket in the Ashley era and took the place of someone who packed in anyways.

Hopefully these wankers never have to try and get a ticket for a son/daughter in the future, as without extending it will be pretty hard to do. Rant over.

Sorry if you're experiencing this.  I have not seen anything like it.  Frankly I am massively grateful that I have my season tickets - I quit when Bruce was appointed and didn't go for two years.  For some strange reason I decided one morning before last season started that I was going to get the tickets out again, a quick check and I found the same three seats I always had in the East Stand were available so I bought them.  I then spent 3 months regretting what appeared to be a stupid move until the great news of the take over.

I am massively grateful that I did not have to go through what you guys did on Tuesday trying to get a ticket from a very limited release, the feeling of relief when the take over went through and my tickets were secure was amazing.  The people around where I sit ribbed me quite a bit about being the luckiest guy in the NE....   

I am all for the ground being extended to allow more fans to get tickets, I would even accept a season of disruption of not being able to use my tickets if the East Stand was "under construction" as long as it lead to a greater better and larger stadium for us all....

I am quite against a move from the current location, I would be OK with the ground being shifted slightly towards Leazes Park and even could get used to the idea of it being located where the Arena is now although I would rather it wasn't....  100% against the rumour of us being interested in Long Benton on the site of the HMRC offices, that would be the worst possible solution.

Edited by pinkeye

Saw a couple of arguments on twitter after people that stopped going under Ashley were getting told tough shit that’s what you get for deserting the club and one person didn’t want St James Park extended just to spite the people that stopped going. 

Its a strange one, i was so close to giving mine up and pursuing other interests but didnt

i feel for those who did and havent been able to come back

its not tough shite, or serves you right or anything... its just how its panned out and its life

However as has been mentioned.. we were giving away 10k free half season tickets the other year so that must mean theres quite a bit of space to play with and maybe there is a lot of seats being held back for match by match but then also for potential expansion

i bet lots go to member sale next year

4 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Appreciate this has been done to death, so apologies in advance. But it still absolutely baffles me the amount of our fans on twitter literally point-scoring over having a ST and just abusing those who can't get one now. Really has been getting to me this week.

I remember people who stopped going under Ashley saying some unsavoury things to those who kept going - scabs etc - so definitely not innocent. But I'd have loved to have thought that now, when everything is on an upward trajectory with regards to NUFC, people could just actually Unite and all be on board for the first time in a generation. Demand is far exceeding supply for the first time since the 90s, and back then it meant we had to go from 36k - 52k to accommodate.

Twitter is certainly not the best place to grasp an overall perspective of attitudes - totally get that - but seeing some say they'd be against extending as it accommodates us glory-hunting fans ffs :lol:Surely there has to be some form of glory involved? I'd like to think that in reality, there isn't an NUFC fan alive who wouldn't be against extending SJP if it was possible. I think we'd all prefer that to moving, but to want to keep it @ 52k just to be spiteful is fucking ridiculous. Our owners definitely won't think like that thankfully, but I've muted so many accounts since Tuesday. I'd bet a good few of these tits only got a ticket in the Ashley era and took the place of someone who packed in anyways.

Hopefully these wankers never have to try and get a ticket for a son/daughter in the future, as without extending it will be pretty hard to do. Rant over.

The bit some of the younger ones forget is, with that same attitude they have now, they wouldn't even be in the stadium had we not expanded in the past. To become global, which is what I assume these people spent 4yrs trying to buy the club, you don't sit still in a 52,000 seater stadium. I get peoples emotions with regard to current SJP, but you have to move with the times, I'm not really chuffed about plastics arriving, but to increase our reputation and become global, you have to follow the kind of Man City model, that might mean moving to a brand new stadium and generating new support along the way. This is how football evolves. 

Edited by mighty__mag

Is there really any plastics trying to shell out the best part of 1k for ST's now though? 

It'll just be most who gave theirs up out of desperation at the situation the club was in. Add in the fact you will have people wanting to take their kids again (this is me tbh, I've had two kids in the fat cunts reign and kept them well away from nufc because I thought it was unfair[emoji38])

I think we have a solid amount of actual fans that would want a ticket before any "plastic/glory" fans appear.

12 hours ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Ashley man. Even now he's gone he's left his legacy of a divided fan base. I know what you mean. I've got my ticket back now. Got it in the hope the takeover would actually happen after all the talk. Lost my 182 loyalty pts though when I gave it up when Rafa left. Still p*ss*ed off at that btw. "If Rafa goes we go". Well he went, I went but not as many as I'd hoped left with us considering we still had 40k + gates the following season. Anyway I can't get to away games unless I go cap in hand for help from others who I know feel inwardly smug and superior. 1st away game in 1982 and there are fans who went to a few away games in Ashleys final years that are, in the clubs' eyes at least, better qualified than me.

I know I’ll be able to get to games but the lingering sadness for me is I’ve got no chance of ever getting me and the boy ST’s in the lower bowl, not for at least a decade until enough people die. I don’t want to be hoping for people to die FFS.

Guest HTT II
39 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I know I’ll be able to get to games but the lingering sadness for me is I’ve got no chance of ever getting me and the boy ST’s in the lower bowl, not for at least a decade until enough people die. I don’t want to be hoping for people to die FFS.

It’s the hope that kills them…

If we ended up not getting saved this season and relegation was the result. I would be sitting here content with my 3 season tickets.

Instead I’m sitting with 3 memberships but knowing that my choice of seats is usually the very last place anyone seems to want to sit. Leazes level 7. C,D or E. row Y. Last seats at the back. 

sat all over the ground and this is my lads idea of perfection.