Newcastle United 2-0 Arsenal (18/05/2022)

Yorkie

30 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Haven't the owners said in an ideal world, we won't do too much business in January?

Take anything they say about transfer windows with a big old grain of salt 

Edited by Nine

16 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

As if people won’t start wetting the bed if we don’t sign all our players straight away :lol:

It’ll get to deadline day and there’ll be ‘we could still do with another defender’ or something regardless like. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It’ll get to deadline day and there’ll be ‘we could still do with another defender’ or something regardless like. :lol:

What team doesn't say that? 

44 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Haven't the owners said in an ideal world, we won't do too much business in January?

Yep and rightfully so tbh, we saw the way clubs tired to rip us off this January.

January transfers will be based on where we are at that point. If we have a crack at Europe (maybe sitting anywhere 5th to 8th), and there is an identifiable weakness, we'd do some business.

13 hours ago, duo said:

Am sure Hayden tells Wilson the atmosphere was the best he has seen in the six years he's been here

Yeah he did definitely

Man, that was a great vid to watch 😭

2 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The January window was terrible for me. I had fuck loads of work on but was absolutely obsessed with reading transfer rumours instead. Absolutely can't be doing that again [emoji38]

Clear your diary then.

14 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

These are my favourite and this actually captures the noise in the ground properly. :smitten:

Love how Targett literally has the sweet, awkward demeanour of a chartered accountant who has been pressed into being a left-back[emoji38] That nervous "ha ha ha" after the Bruno intervention was class.

19 hours ago, duo said:

Am sure Hayden tells Wilson the atmosphere was the best he has seen in the six years he's been here

Yeah that's what he was saying. I actually feel a bit gutted for the players who are going to be moved on, there are some who are clearly desperate to stay but just aren't good enough. I think a few were out there saying their goodbyes on Sunday and that's why they were hanging around long after the game was over. The Athletic ran a good story on it today, don't know if anyone has posted it on here yet, not been online much today.

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yeah that's what he was saying. I actually feel a bit gutted for the players who are going to be moved on, there are some who are clearly desperate to stay but just aren't good enough. I think a few were out there saying their goodbyes on Sunday and that's why they were hanging around long after the game was over. The Athletic ran a good story on it today, don't know if anyone has posted it on here yet, not been online much today.

Aye. I mentioned it somewhere else today. Some players who have been good, loyal and effective servants for us in the last would have shed a tear or two seeing what they saw on Monday knowing that they won't be here next season to enjoy it again.

Many thanks to them. Definitely won't be hating them whenever they play against us in the future. 

Edited by nufcjb

2 hours ago, The Bonk said:

These are my favourite and this actually captures the noise in the ground properly. :smitten:

Thanks' to The Bonk, I now have one on.:pedro:

3 days later and I'm still smiling.  Downloading MNF and watched the whole match again.

Arsenal walked into an ambush.  I was there with my 2 lads and my dad, whose 78.  The smiles and joy I saw from them I got quite emotional......I think we are going to become a force again....cant wait.  HWTL

Just now, Awaymag said:

3 days later and I'm still smiling.  Downloading MNF and watched the whole match again.

Arsenal walked into an ambush.  I was there with my 2 lads and my dad, whose 78.  The smiles and joy I saw from them I got quite emotional......I think we are going to become a force again....cant wait.  HWTL

It was a fucking great night like. 14th in the league and the fans and team put a show on like that.

I have been going consistently for around 20 years, aside from a couple of seasons under Pardew and Bruce. Been in some great atmospheres at SJP but that on Monday was different. Was in the Strawberry Corner and could see the Platinum Club constantly on their feet singing, the Leazes and East Stand (never thought I’d say this) were bouncing. Imagine we win something!

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

It’s mental reading threads like this about us after we played with no apparent game under Bruce for so long. 

Aye, Howe obviously watched Conte's Spurs last Thursday go for Arsenal in a mid press instead of a high one and adopted the same approach. And voila, they couldn't get the ball out their midfield, couldn't get Ødegaard on the ball which is why they struggled like fuck to create a single thing in our third.

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

It’s mental reading threads like this about us after we played with no apparent game under Bruce for so long. 

:lol: Bruce looking at this like "The cones can move?"