Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 22/05/22 @ 4pm (No UK TV)

Decky

Really hope we can help Leeds stay up with a win here. If we play at anywhere near the level we did on Monday, we should win this comfortably.

However, it is a completely different game in almost every way, so very tough to say how it'll go. 

25 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Me too. Unfortunately as a collective fanbase they’re just awful. Malicious with a victim’s mentality, so I won’t miss them. Would prefer Burnley but it’s win-win.

15 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Would have wanted them to go down if we were still shit because I couldnt bear living in Leeds with them being above us. As it is now they dont stand a chance of that so hope they stay up.

Leeds Toon is a big game. I've been to class games in the past. Undercover in Elland Road once. Leeds to stay up over Burnley for me.

Would prefer these lot down now. Even if theyve been effective at times they've consistently been one of the worst sides to watch from a neutral POV for years now. 

It’s a tough one; if Burnley go down that’ll probably be them gone for a while so at least you’d get someone new(ish) and they/their knacker fans are trash but Leeds are Leeds so it’d be funny as fuck.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

It’s a tough one; if Burnley go down that’ll probably be them gone for a while so at least you’d get someone new(ish) and they/their knacker fans are trash but Leeds are Leeds so it’d be funny as fuck.

It would have been funny if Leeds went down if they'd up for a bit longer, now it would just feel a bit sad and a waste of a big club IMO. Much rather have them up than Burnley, who would continue to be relegation fodder without offering the league anything else. 

Only caveat to this is if we are looking to sign anyone out of Philips, Raphinha or Bamford, if that's the case, I wouldn't mind them going. 

8 hours ago, Disco said:

Next season will probably just be the resurgence of Stoke or something.

9 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Would have wanted them to go down if we were still shit because I couldnt bear living in Leeds with them being above us. As it is now they dont stand a chance of that so hope they stay up.

Went to a BBQ last summer back in our old street in Leeds with a few of the old neighbours. One of the cunts who I barely knew supported Leeds when we lived there was giving it the big licks about the “jawdees not being a big club” and going on about getting a season ticket. Needless to say the upcoming BBQ will be a lot more fun if they’re relegated. Praying we nail Burnley but Brentford beat Leeds even if it means them finishing above us.

51 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Went to a BBQ last summer back in our old street in Leeds with a few of the old neighbours. One of the cunts who I barely knew supported Leeds when we lived there was giving it the big licks about the “jawdees not being a big club” and going on about getting a season ticket. Needless to say the upcoming BBQ will be a lot more fun if they’re relegated. Praying we nail Burnley but Brentford beat Leeds even if it means them finishing above us.

Aye, no love lost with Leeds over the years, I’m convinced if the boot was on the other foot they’d want us down.

I don't see any reason why we can't win here. Yes, Burnley will be fighting for their lives, but I think that'll be their undoing - if we score first, I think they'll fold. If they score first, they'll spend the rest of the game parking the bus. Either way, I think it'll work for us. 3-1 NUFC, similar to the Norwich game.

But of course, this is still NUFC we're talking about here! [emoji38]

It's always been a big fixture v Leeds, but their fans are fucking horrible,the one's I've encountered over the years. Plus I'd love us to sign Phillips,and that becomes much more of a possibility if they're flushed

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Pretty sure in the athletic last week it said every place you finish higher in the table is worth 2.2 million, not much in the grand scheme of things but certainly would add to the budget.

When you consider we’re paying £8m per year for Bruno over the course of his contract then the significance of a couple of places becomes more apparent.

Just now, Scoot said:

Any ideas when it'll be announced if this is on TV?

Will definitely be on TV, all the final day fixtures usually are. Think I read somewhere that its 3 on BT and the rest on Sky. Channels should be out today/tomorrow.

I'm a firm defendant of the blackout and believe not televising endless amounts of football is a good thing in general - but I do struggle to understand why all the games aren't televised on the last day. There is no other lower league football on and it would hardly damage attendances in the PL to show them all.