General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I think he's overrated and didn't help himself with claiming to have the inside line on the takeover. And he's really badly suited to audio - he's terrible on podcasts. Everyone on POTT is bad though, not just him. The three of them together is unbearable. 

That said, I don't really read The Athletic generally. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think he's overrated and didn't help himself with claiming to have the inside line on the takeover. And he's really badly suited to audio - he's terrible on podcasts.

That said, I don't really read The Athletic generally. 

Knew you loved Edwards, Ian. KNEW. IT. ;) 

7 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Great journo. Can be unbearable on the Athletic pod, mind. Not as bad as the host, mind. His carry on is woeful. 

2 minutes ago, christ said:

Glad it’s not just me that thinks Pod on the Tyne is unlistenable. The ‘banter’ is fucking minging.

Aye, stopped listening as well, although I do like Caulkin's stories on there, but Taylor Payne recycle's his bant's far too often, agreed. 

6 hours ago, joeyt said:

Aye

FeONm1CWIAENGz8?format=png&name=360x360

Nope, he wasn't. 5th had nothing to do with him whatsoever, was more down to individual effort, pure luck (winning games we had no business winning) with the players gelling on the pitch at the right time.

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

It was a great fucking team that got us 5th despite Pardew and I won't hear any different. 

He's an absolute shit show. 

The fuckin lipless cunt. 

The 13/14 season is a better reflection when the only loss was Ba, but we'd added Remy, Debuchy, Sissoko, etc and we just scraped top half. 

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The 13/14 season is a better reflection when the only loss was Ba, but we'd added Remy, Debuchy, Sissoko, etc and we just scraped top half. 

On Boxing Day we stuffed Stoke 5-1 and were 6 points off top. We sold Cabaye, didn't replace him even though the club knew for months that he was leaving and we capitulated. Broke records for consecutive defeats, many 0-3 and 0-4 defeats at home, games without scoring. That 2nd half of 2013-14 was an absolutely awful time to be a Newcastle fan.

It wasn't necessarily the football under Pardew as to why I personally resent the revisionism of him (though it was atrocious at times) but how he talked about and belittled both the club and expectations. Dedicating a 2-0 win over Chelsea to 'Mike', claiming that Newcastle United 'can't compete with Swansea and Southampton', saying 'thank god we're not in Europe' after 2012-13 to cover his own arse. 

Think I've posted this before but I think Pardew's shtick throughout 2012-13 scarred many of our fans and Ashley. After every shit result, performance, defeat and/or injury he'd blame it on the Europa League. He was more than happy to only bring in Amalfitano and Anita in the summer before he started to spout that to cover his own arse. Many of our fans bought it and I think still do, many won't want UECL or UEL this season due to those tropes and it all stems from Pardew and that season. Think also that Ashley bought it hence why we never overly strengthened in January from a moderate position of security, the ambition post 2012-13 was just to float from 17th-10th as Europe to the club then just brought a risk of injuries therefore a risk of relegation.

Fuck Pardew for all of that.

Nailed it, @HaydnNUFC. It was truly maddening how fans couldn't see all of that, meanwhile those who did were gaslighted by various people in the mainstream football media. Was horrendous, like you say. 

And to reiterate a point I've made a thousand times: for the reasons you state in the last part of the post; there's no Bruce without Pardew. 

After signing Anita, he said in some talk-in (recording I heard) to something like "Control the midfield, you control the game" or some bullshit with some smug face that, they with Tiote, Anita and Cabaye we were going to dominate teams. 

3 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

My disdain for him is about more than the football pitch. He was Ashley’s man through and through. 

edit:

aye what Haydn said

Definitely, I've got genuine hatred for him due to his bullshit.  Hs managing skills went hand in hand with it, he should have been nowehere near a premier league team.

Reading Haydns comments about Amilfitano reminded me of him throwing Bigirimana under the bus, I honestly just fume when I think back to his time here.

We just needed that little bit of magic is what all the shite managers trot out when they haven’t got any philosophy or tactics. Pardew was a square pegs in round holes manager who basically didn’t have a fucking clue, he got very lucky by having Graeme Carr at the club. Well and truly found out in his final couple of jobs at Palace and WBA for the fraud he undoubtedly was.

24 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I’d like to think in five years we’d get an updated version with Ben Arfa in there. And a few years after that with Maxi.

Like one of them Bond reunions. Should have it on Reunion Island so Laurent doesn't have to track back.

As it stands it reminds me of Britney and Madonna kissing.