General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

51 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

If you’re curious about how our profile is being raised internationally, NBC Sports over here is now cutting promos about what Geordies are and how y’all got the name. :lol: 

Would love to see that shit. Nice evesdropping on people talking nice about you.

Saw a discussion on Twitter about matchday superstitions. Anyone got any?

Due to my collection of old NUFC shirts, jackets, jumpers etc mine is what I wear to the game always has to be from a season in which we beat who we're playing on the day. If we've never played or beat them before then it doesn't matter I wear whatever.

Thinking about it, I should probably be sectioned. :lol:

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Due to my collection of old NUFC shirts, jackets, jumpers etc mine is what I wear to the game always has to be from a season in which we beat who we're playing on the day. If we've never played or beat them before then it doesn't matter I wear whatever.

I used to have a pre-match ritual.  But I don't think it was superstition or anything like that.  More just a habit/laziness.  Always went in Greggs and got a chicken bake and steak bake.  Then Ladbrokes at the bottom of the Bigg Market to put football bets on and maybe waste some money on the roulette.  Followed by City Vaults for pre-match and the £2 a pint Woodpecker :lol: 

Luckily for me, two of those places have closed and I am now clearly a culture vulture.  Oh and I don't really like cider, especially weak as piss cider that rots your teeth :lol:  So I have a more varied and 'classy' routine when I'm up for a match. 

7 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I used to have a pre-match ritual.  But I don't think it was superstition or anything like that.  More just a habit/laziness.  Always went in Greggs and got a chicken bake and steak bake.  Then Ladbrokes at the bottom of the Bigg Market to put football bets on and maybe waste some money on the roulette.  Followed by City Vaults for pre-match and the £2 a pint Woodpecker :lol: 

Luckily for me, two of those places have closed and I am now clearly a culture vulture.  Oh and I don't really like cider, especially weak as piss cider that rots your teeth :lol:  So I have a more varied and 'classy' routine when I'm up for a match. 

Aye, matchday doesn't feel right to me if the pre match pints aren't had in either the Bacchus or Bodega.

18 hours ago, cubaricho said:

This won’t get a lot of love on here because power rankings are a very American thing but this is awesome to see the recognition we’re getting internationally. 

Is it just a form table with fancy name?

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If I see one magpie I may as well just not go to the match. Been like that since I started going when I was like 8 :lol:

Saying that, I did see one before the Brentford game, but still sticks to this day!

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'm very funny about which tops I wear when I'm watching the match and when I put them on. If we lose or draw and I was wearing a top, it goes to the bottom of my rotation and I'm dubious about wearing a top if I remember that we didn't play that well or didn't get a result the last time I wore it. It's ridiculous really. 

There's been a few times (like the Everton match the other week) where if I'm wearing a new top and we're not playing well, I'll just take it off. :lol: It's now starting to spread to which NUFC socks I wear. 

I don't believe in any of it, but act exactly like someone who does. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm very funny about which tops I wear when I'm watching the match and when I put it on. If I lose or draw and I was wearing a top, it goes to the bottom of my rotation and I'm dubious about wearing a top if I remember that we didn't play that well or didn't get a result the last time I wore it. It's ridiculous really. 

There's been a few times (like the Everton match the other week) where if I'm wearing a new top and we're not playing well, I'll just take it off. :lol: It's now starting to spread to which NUFC socks I wear. 

I don't believe in any of it, but act exactly like someone who does. 

Very worrying 😂😂

I've always been like that, I used to regularly set arbitrary challanges that I would tell myself would mean something else. eg 'if the bus comes in the next 2 minutes it means that Newcastle will win on Saturday' - a completely normal quirk that carried on from childhood to adulthood, but a lot of people are now seemingly desperate to self-diagnose as ADHD. 

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Only game I didn’t manage to get a programme pregame in 95/96 was the Man Utd game. Read into that what you will. 

On 24/10/2022 at 19:49, cubaricho said:

If you’re curious about how our profile is being raised internationally, NBC Sports over here is now cutting promos about what Geordies are and how y’all got the name. :lol: 

Was it this? :lol:

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2022/10/22/ever-wonder-why-newcastle-fans-are-called-geordies/

Last few seconds made me want to kill myself, like :lol:

11 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

During the 95/96 season, as the stress got to me, I would point at my dog, say her name, followed by the name of the team we were playing that day and we just kept winning. I still do it now, I just point at a photo instead

6 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Why does he do Scottish at the end?#

Its the Stephenson lamp, btw. Wylam ftw.

I'm still not convinced by any of the theories like, but the George loyalists theory seems to have as much evidence for it as the Stephenson lamp theory (none :lol:)