General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

1 hour ago, christ said:

Already bored absolutely shitless by the media’s attempt to create some sort of needle between Klopp and Howe.

A couple journos blocked me after I responded to their shite patter. Stuff like equating Howe’s comments to dying kids in Yemen. 

I mean it’s getting rather ridiculous and like you say boring. Round and round in circles.

I think Howe, like most of us, thinks Klopp is a bit of a dickhead and the whole coaching staff are probably still very sore after the Anfield fiasco earlier in the season. Whatever. That's football, the scoreline read in their favour, rightly or wrongly, so they've got the bragging rights and good luck to them/fuck them.

He answered the questions honestly and in a dignified way, not with any moral superiority. He even said "never say never," indicating that he knows he's human and that anything can happen if certain buttons get pushed. But his answer was consistent with everything we've seen from him in reality in however many years of management. 

The ceiling stuff is a different matter and it's just a coincidence that it's the same individual sparking the debate. Naturally some publications have put two and two together to deliberately get five and push a sensationalist narrative. 

Tl;Dr, Howe's class and everyone else can fuck off.

Journalists who have been crowing about whataboutism for the last year now using whataboutism is laughable, like. Howe is sensible and will just ignore it - he's not here to seek anyone else's validation and that's the right approach.

Surprised Klopp's comments are still raging on. Seeing fans of billionaire-owned clubs saying that they're 'normal' and it's now unfair to compete with someone even richer is a fucking joke. The deal with the devil was made long ago.

You don't buy into all that one, do ya? What, the old "Oo, I've got a badge in me foam, I'm so important." No, what you're doing there is you're drinking an advert, ain't ya, eh, shithead?

I guess a lot of Newcastle fans have been at this poll [emoji38]. I'd consider Everton, Newcastle, and Villa of similar stature, with Leeds (especially with their 16 years outside the top flight and at least 3 in League One) one level below, joined by West Ham with their recent emergence. I'd say Tottenham would be around the same level traditionally, but they really have differentiated themselves these past 15 years or so to join the 'big 6'.

On 20/10/2022 at 13:01, TBG said:

You don't buy into all that one, do ya? What, the old "Oo, I've got a badge in me foam, I'm so important." No, what you're doing there is you're drinking an advert, ain't ya, eh, shithead?

Air freshener in the mayo. 

Schar v Forest

Wilson v Forest

Trippier v Man City

Maxi v Wolves

Miggy v Fulham

Bruno v Fulham

Miggy v Everton

When was the last time we had such a condensed spell of absolute fucking bangers? Nearly 40% of our goals this season have been "what a goal"s. 

We have the most money, are the best on the pitch, and are the biggest pull by a distance, it’s not even close since the takeover [emoji38]

Thick, wannabe football hipsters cracking on about a clubs ancient history just look deranged. Winning trophies 50 years ago has absolutely no bearing on the current size of the club outside of extreme cases (such as Liverpool and Man Utd) where the clubs success is to the extent that it still has ramifications.

It doesn’t matter like, just like Manchester City being a bigger club than us means absolutely nothing to me.

25 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

We have the most money, are the best on the pitch, and are the biggest pull by a distance, it’s not even close since the takeover [emoji38]

Thick, wannabe football hipsters cracking on about a clubs ancient history just look deranged. Winning trophies 50 years ago has absolutely no bearing on the current size of the club outside of extreme cases (such as Liverpool and Man Utd) where the clubs success is to the extent that it still has ramifications.

It doesn’t matter like, just like Manchester City being a bigger club than us means absolutely nothing to me.

Fully agree. No one is signing for Everton over us because they won 2 titles in the 1980s. None of Forest's signings signed for them because of their 2 European Cups 50 years ago. People don't sign for Huddersfield over Spurs because the former have won more league titles.

Newcastle United are the biggest club in the world to me and that's all that matters. Couldn't care less what a few wankers on TV, radio or Twitter have to say tbph.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

31 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Schar v Forest

Wilson v Forest

Trippier v Man City

Maxi v Wolves

Miggy v Fulham

Bruno v Fulham

Miggy v Everton

When was the last time we had such a condensed spell of absolute fucking bangers? Nearly 40% of our goals this season have been "what a goal"s. 

2011-12. Scored belting goals of all kinds that season.

1 hour ago, Paullow said:

I guess a lot of Newcastle fans have been at this poll [emoji38]. I'd consider Everton, Newcastle, and Villa of similar stature, with Leeds (especially with their 16 years outside the top flight and at least 3 in League One) one level below, joined by West Ham with their recent emergence. I'd say Tottenham would be around the same level traditionally, but they really have differentiated themselves these past 15 years or so to join the 'big 6'.

Totally agree with that appraisal. Villa and Everton inseperable and Spurs until recently exactly the same in terms of buzz, as in not really buzz worthy. Leeds cos of their fans noise/locality has always felt like more but that's geographical.  They've won the league in my time unlike the rest and been in the CL so have had a bigger feel than Villa/Everton to balance out the missing years. Villa's been in D3 too.

history is a stat i guess rather than gut feel, Villa/Everton > Newcastle > Leeds

size of fanbase > Newcastle > the rest  / quality of fanbase (away fans/atmos/gates) Newcastle > Leeds > the rest

global recognition > all the same recently, Newcastle pre Ashley, Everton pre PL, Newcastle henceforth

in short

us

Edited by Wolfcastle