General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

The England World Cup 1990 squad were on the coach travelling down the motorway, when a coach of Scotland fans appeared alongside them. 

The Jocks were giving it V signs, calling the England players every name under the sun, banging on the windows of their coach screaming abuse.

Gazza spots them and heads towards the window of the England bus.

"Fuck off Gazza, you fat Geordie bastard!" shout the Scotland fans who see him.

Gazza grins, pulls down his trousers and his pants, bends over, turns round and waves his bare arse at the opposite coach.

The Scotland fans immediately shout back "...and you can fuck off too, Beardsley!"

2 minutes ago, christ said:

Such a classy player. I’ve no doubt he could’ve carried on playing at the highest level had he not totally fucked his back doing an absolutely pointless overhead kick by his own corner flag.

Carrying Taylor & Williamson for 3 years probably didn’t help his back either.

Was similar to Woodgate with Bramble & O’Brien. When paired with Woodgate they looked good, but together they were a mixed bag. Same goes with Williamson & Taylor for that 3 year window. Alongside Coloccini you could get away with them, together, Christ.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Carrying Taylor & Williamson for 3 years probably didn’t help his back either.

Was similar to Woodgate with Bramble & O’Brien. When paired with Woodgate they looked good, but together they were a mixed bag. Same goes with Williamson & Taylor for that 3 year window. Alongside Coloccini you could get away with them, together, Christ.

It demonstrates the value of having someone who can read the game in that position. It gives the slightly more industrial type centre back freedom to do the basics. It’s what we’re really lacking at the moment.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Aye, more a ‘lead by example’ leader than your shouting and bawling type.

Which is my preferred type of leader.

My memories of Colo's last few seasons here are not as fond as some I guess :lol:

Seem to recall him trying to force a move back to Argentina every chance he got, right in the middle of terrible runs of form when we were in need of leadership

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Man City and Liverpool will stop dominating once Guardiola and Klopp leave imo.

They’ll be competitive whatever happens but they’ll not be at the level they are now. Once they leave we’ll have a chance to go above them.

48 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Man City and Liverpool will stop dominating once Guardiola and Klopp leave imo.

Reckon Ten Haag is waiting for City. Worked under Pep at Bayern. His contract is out next summer and if he wins the CL this season then I’d be amazed if he’s not off.