General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

8 hours ago, Conjo said:

They can claim whatever they want thanks to little/no video footage. :lol: Maybe his play style was pleasing on the eyes, or he was very inconsistent with a very high upper ceiling? His stats suggest he wasn't all that compared to how he's described by nostalgic fans.

I did see him and he was that special

25 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I did see him and he was that special

I'll have to take your and others word for it. :thup: In terms of goals and assists he certainly didn't contribute much for an attacking midfielder, but that doesn't have to tell the whole truth of what he contributed to the team on the pitch.

43 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'll have to take your and others word for it. :thup: In terms of goals and assists he certainly didn't contribute much for an attacking midfielder, but that doesn't have to tell the whole truth of what he contributed to the team on the pitch.

After he joined in October 1971 he was voted man of the match in two thirds of the games and was the main reason for our revival from being bottom after his first game. Unfortunately he suffered a career ending injury at the start of 1972/73.

15 minutes ago, NE27 said:

That's astonishingly bad even for him!

Proper capitalising on nufc in the cheapest shittest cash grab kind of way ever!

Watched the Krays documentary on ITV last week and the knacka popped up on it. Was sticking the Krays tat on everything from t-shirts to tea towels, so he has previous for that sort of wanky behaviour.

On 20/02/2022 at 17:27, Optimistic Nut said:

I like the fact he’d have been gone at least 2 years in the first photo and his son is still wearing a Newcastle shirt rather than Chelsea.

He did a talk in years ago (I wasn’t there), but he was devastated to leave NUFC and held a small, but respecting grudge against KK for selling him. He was a very good player for us, underrated, and part of the start of our rise under KK. Shame he seems a religious freak these days, but again, that’s an amazing family photo of him, his boy and his now grandkid. Lovely to see!

On 22/02/2022 at 19:47, Whitley mag said:

Some good craic in this thread for any older lads on here.

Now that was an eventful day. I was standing just about where the second pic was taken from. I say standing, but my feet barely touched the ground for 90 mins. How everyone got out of there in one piece amazes me to this day. The crush at Leeds the other week had nowt on this.

On 23/02/2022 at 02:47, Whitley mag said:

Some good craic in this thread for any older lads on here.

This match was just shocking from start to finish once we got inside. The trip down was amazing, so many, singing throughout.
But once inside there was too many tickets sold for the spaces, this was compounded by the paddock to the right being empty.  Spent the whole game with arms locked on a barrier with two folk in front of me. Throughout the match coins and spit was raining down from the delightful home crowd. Next day headlines were Geordies Riot. Children were being passed over the crowd. Initially the police were preventing people from climbing the fences. Disgraceful behavior from the club and the police. 

To this day, my disdain for that club has never waivered.

48 minutes ago, timinperu said:

This match was just shocking from start to finish once we got inside. The trip down was amazing, so many, singing throughout.
But once inside there was too many tickets sold for the spaces, this was compounded by the paddock to the right being empty.  Spent the whole game with arms locked on a barrier with two folk in front of me. Throughout the match coins and spit was raining down from the delightful home crowd. Next day headlines were Geordies Riot. Children were being passed over the crowd. Initially the police were preventing people from climbing the fences. Disgraceful behavior from the club and the police. 

To this day, my disdain for that club has never waivered.

I was in the seats. We were dragging people up and stewards tried to stop us, good on them, when we pointed out the situation, the crush in that paddock they let us get on, one said he'd inform the police about how bad it looked.