Nick Pope

Rich

2 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Linked with Ipswich. Which makes sense seeing as he's from Soham and started out with Ipswich youth.

Maybe Everton and Pickford to Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Maybe Everton and Pickford to Chelsea.

Not sure Dyche would be a fan of his kicking given Everton’s main offensive threat is often Pickford launching 60 yard balls to DCL/Onana/Doucoure.

I'm in a snapchat group with Nick Pope and Trippier where we share our love for Burnley and the scenic offerings it has. We had a little laugh about who would you rather snog the old woman or the cow, when Pope mentioned that he was leaving Newcastle in protest. Apprently he discovered that the city centre used to have a lot statues and he's fuming they won't reinstall them. So, I can imagine he'll be off to some place with a lot of animal statues. I tried to explain that the Shaun the Sheep and Snow Dog statues were just temporary art displays, but he wasn't having it. 

Pope has to accept we cannot afford to lose him for half a season like last season, the knock on effect is too big. 2nd shoulder injury, over 30, it isn't going to grt any better for him. He'll still get game time and still his place to lose no matter who we sign.

We need a given/harper rivalry to kre the no1 sharp. We've not had it for over a decade.

I think he stays, gets games, probably as many as this season with cup comps just less league and this will be a good wind down of his career.

8 hours ago, Dokko said:

Pope has to accept we cannot afford to lose him for half a season like last season, the knock on effect is too big. 2nd shoulder injury, over 30, it isn't going to grt any better for him. He'll still get game time and still his place to lose no matter who we sign.

We need a given/harper rivalry to kre the no1 sharp. We've not had it for over a decade.

I think he stays, gets games, probably as many as this season with cup comps just less league and this will be a good wind down of his career.

30 years old is seriously not old for a goalkeeper.  In fact I would say they would be in their prime.

Yes I'm an expert on goalkeeping.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Rod said:

30 years old is seriously not old for a goalkeeper.  In fact I would say they would be in their prime.

He's 32, and most keepers nowadays decline rapidly past 35. His age does not bother me atm, it's likely his dodgy shoulder is the reason we're looking for a replacement.

Edited by Beth

1 hour ago, Rod said:

Most Premier League winning keepers have been 30 or older, most champions league winning keepers have been 30 or older

7 hours ago, Beth said:

He's 32, and most keepers nowadays decline rapidly past 35. His age does not bother me atm, it's likely his dodgy shoulder is the reason we're looking for a replacement.

And that he cant handle a ball.

On 28/05/2024 at 09:23, Cf said:

From the BBC. Definitely going to need a replacement.

image.png.ad6b22e2aac2cc061564ab5de285395c.png

WTF ! 

Hope he at least gets a fine.