Nick Pope

Rich

If he came out and tried to catch the ball in them conditions 9 out 10 times that slips through his gloves and they have a goalscoring opportunity. I believe he done the right thing yesterday, but in general your right he seems to punch everything weather that's habit or a confidence thing. 

5 hours ago, andycap said:

If he came out and tried to catch the ball in them conditions 9 out 10 times that slips through his gloves and they have a goalscoring opportunity. I believe he done the right thing yesterday, but in general your right he seems to punch everything weather that's habit or a confidence thing. 

It mean even be a tactical idea from Howe to release the ball for a fast breakaway 

Solid keeper but not top tier. Feel he may more or less have peaked here with his ability, seems to be repeating a lot of the same mistakes.

Wouldn't be surprised if we look for someone who would genuinely challenge him and take the starting spot by next season.

Edited by Amir_9

Wet ball or not, his decision making looks all over the place. A keeper needs to 100% believe in himself, and at the moment he doesn't give that impression. Got caught in two minds for the first one, then had an easy catch with no one challenging and bottled it.

I said a few weeks ago that he is a liability now ever since the Liverpool game when it comes to crosses and balls played in behind. That punch was as easy a catch as you could get for a keeper. He flaps at just about everything played into the box now. Need to upgrade as Dubravka isn't the answer either. 

I can't understand why he punches so often when there's plenty of opportunity to catch. Very annoying for that to be the catalyst for their equaliser today, but it's always going to invite pressure if you punch out.

That being said, he's a very good goalkeeper who has more positive than negative attributes. Will be upgraded in the medium-term future I should think, but for right now, he's more than okay. Just frustrating at times.