James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Will be interesting to see if he ends up here or elsewhere in the summer. He would add some much needed creativity and goals to our side.

That Leicester side is a complete shambles, and I feel confident Eddie would have him motivated and firing if he comes here.

23 hours ago, christ said:

Leicester have been dreadful but Maddison patently hasn’t. In a team that’s second bottom of the league he’s got more goals and assists than anyone in our side apart from Wilson. Not sure what people are seeing that suggest he’s got a bad attitude, but they’d be nailed to the foot of the table without his contribution this season.

He’d be an absolutely first rate signing.

Always think his interviews in press are really good and certainly has not down tooled like some.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems his 2nd half performance against Everton cost his team their place in the league. Ball greedy bastard, even though it was clear nothing was coming off for him he wanted to write the headlines more that see his club stay up. 

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I like him, but what position will he play? Joelinton's on the left of three? Or Longstaff's? Or right wing?

Think the bonus is 2 or 3

LWF - 10 - RWF

Some good creative options with him - the more competition the better 

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I like him, but what position will he play? Joelinton's on the left of three? Or Longstaff's? Or right wing?

Maybe as 1 of a front 3 either side, maybe in a 4231 type attacking formation at home, who knows. I’m sure if Howe wants to sign him he’ll already have an idea where he could play or how he might be able to adapt his positional options.

6 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I think he'd play on the right, but could also give us the option of switching it up.

9 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

I'm pretty sure Joelinton will play as LW next season like he did before Longstaffs injury.

I think that Leicesters problem was that they had several very bad players and then 3-4 stars who had to carry all the weight. Problem is that most or all of those "stars" were leaving in the summer regardless of what happened, so maybe their head wasn't 100% in the right place.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

If he’s expecting 250k per week, it’s off to Spurs he’ll go. We’re going to have to be very canny in our dealings.

If he makes a purely monetary decision then he’s probably not the player we want. We’ll give him a solid contract and the potential to play in the champions league in a massively unified side in front of a mental home atmosphere. If that’s not enough for him, move on to next target. 

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If he’s expecting 250k per week, it’s off to Spurs he’ll go. We’re going to have to be very canny in our dealings.

Harry Kane is currently on 200k, at a club notorious for not paying high wages. :lol:

He's not getting 250k at Spurs. He might get 150, which we won't go to but I dare say we will go close. It will also cost him twice as much to live in London.

On 10/05/2023 at 14:35, Manxst said:

Only in the eyes of the Italian press. Don’t think he said anything himself, to that effect? Subsequently they made out he only came to us because we offered much more money. Who knows where he’d be if both offers matched? 

Aye was Italian media bollocks. 

Definitely a spurs type player.  He’s flashy and more interested in how he looks rather than his team. Granted he’s moderately decent but there must be better options out there   

I'd be actually surprised if Liverpool, Man United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal weren't interested in him for 35/40m. It would be very hard for him to turn down any of them clubs.... even if Chelsea are a shambles.

Also, really important to note that he's clearly told his people that he would be willing to join us.

It's the most basic rule of football transfers that you don't bid for a player without sounding out the players camp first but that was 12 months ago and he could have told multiple clubs that he's interested in their advances.... why wouldn't he?

There's a small part of me that's not even sure he's one of our targets any more.

Just now, STM said:

Also, really important to note that he's clearly told his people that he would be willing to join us.

It's the most basic rule of football transfers that you don't bid for a player without sounding out the players camp first but that was 12 months ago and he could have told multiple clubs that he's interested in their advances.... why wouldn't he?

There's a small part of me that's not even sure he's one of our targets any more.

Let’s see, either way be on the move and I’d be surprised if we weren’t in for him given our previous interest. 

I think he’s be a great signing but I’m certain even if we miss out it won’t case us any issues. 

16 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

As talented as he is I don’t see how he fits into our style of play, we are all about running and pressing teams all over the pitch. Maddison isn’t that type of player at all.

I am sure Eddie does hence the bid last year

17 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

As talented as he is I don’t see how he fits into our style of play, we are all about running and pressing teams all over the pitch. Maddison isn’t that type of player at all.

Pressing is a teachable skill. Liverpool signed Wijnaldum from us when the guy looked like the laziest fucker going.

Also, going forward if we start ignoring quality players because they might not be able to press the ball like Miggy, we aren't going to progress much.

It's a fine line. If we can get Maddison pressing the right areas, then we will reap the rewards.

I suppose my wider point is that there aren't that many world class talents who can also press like a demon.

Guest reefatoon

The way he flung himself on the floor squealing when we played them a couple of weeks ago, just reminded me what a little cheating Scrote he is :lol: