James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Would be an outstanding signing if it comes off. I think that’s a fair offer too, if Sky are correct.

Quicker we get this done the better so nobody else gets involved.

Couldn’t think of a much better signing than this, given most others would want/demand CL football.

Just now, TRon said:

I think it was reported that he didn't want to come here or go to Arsenal.

Was really only adressing those that has said they prefer Maddison over Paqueta and cited PL experience as one of the main reasons. Whether we can/could/can't get him wasn't really the point of my post at all. Fully appreciate the club can see Maddison as a viable option as he's clearly a very good player.

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Don't understand people who'd prefer Maddison ahead of Paqueta due to PL experience at all. Paqueta is bigger, stronger and has a higher work rate, all traits that are particularly important in this league so I see him as less of risk than Maddison.

Paqueta is younger and also seems like a nice person which is always a positive compared to the turbo cunt Maddison appears to be, so he'd better score some absolute screamers for us, quickly, to win me over if we get him.

less risk than Maddison? Maddison got better numbers in the PL than Paqueta in a much lesser league. Hes one year younger.

Just now, Conjo said:

Was really only adressing those that has said they prefer Maddison over Paqueta and cited PL experience as one of the main reasons. Whether we can/could/can't get him wasn't really the point of my post at all. Fully appreciate the club can see Maddison as a viable option as he's clearly a very good player.

The PL experience is quite a significant factor like, I mean we know what Maddison can do. I think Paqueta would do brilliantly over here FWIW, but it does seem like there's a CL club in for him, which one I'm not sure. Could be Spurs or City.

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Can’t see Leicester selling, unless Maddison is really pushing for the move.

The fact we've gone in with a second bid suggests Leicester are willing to sell. Even Rodgers didn't deny it as he did with Fofana.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Would be an outstanding signing if it comes off. I think that’s a fair offer too, if Sky are correct.

Quicker we get this done the better so nobody else gets involved.

Couldn’t think of a much better signing than this, given most others would want/demand CL football.

It would be outstanding- then when he gets to the training ground he’ll be outstanding in his field.