Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This is from May time...

FaN_1LFWAAAmoqO.jpeg.jpg

Doesn't sound promising, he's contracted until 2027, and they don't want to sell. It's going to take daft money to get him out of there, and I can't see us doing that.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Ben said:

I must admit he's totally passed me by, is he any good ? And is he worth £20 million + ?

Thats far too level headed of a response and not how you respond about a player you don’t know much about. You need to say he’s shite and would be a waste of money and Wood levels of shitness, then let us all know how you just wish the transfer window was over as it has been oh so hard on you and it’s just so unfair.

Looked decent in the 2 Watford games I've watched this season and had really good workrate. Seemed to play a bit of a withdrawn central striker role with Sarr and Dennis being higher up the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I must admit he's totally passed me by, is he any good ? And is he worth £20 million + ?

Scored past us last season. Good header when we all thought we were going down. 

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

The general opinion of Watford fans seems to be that he's better, with greater potential, than both Sarr and Dennis.

Really? Surprised by that like, my manager reckons Watford fans all have Sarr on a level higher than anyone else in their squad by a mile.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He's a levelled up Ayoze Perez isn't he? 20 years old as well, looks like he's got bags of potential going off a bit Dennis Wise scouting.

People were posting Wood videos in January that made him look lethal as well to be fair :lol:

He's probably a decent backup striker, not convinced he's a good option out wide though at this level. Think Cornet would have been a better buy at 17m.

15 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Thats far too level headed of a response and not how you respond about a player you don’t know much about. You need to say he’s shite and would be a waste of money and Wood levels of shitness, then let us all know how you just wish the transfer window was over as it has been oh so hard on you and it’s just so unfair.

So Can only be overwhelmingly positive or say you don’t know anything about him. That’s the only 2 options? So fuckin weird :lol:  Like some mad cult. All negativity banned. Also he’s played in England for over 2 seasons. Believe it or not people have noticed him and even if you want to take it down the statistics route, that isn’t that impressive either 

it really is simple. If people think he is decent they are well within their rights to say so and if people think he is shit they are also well within their rights to say so and then discussion happens that’s how opinion works. Stop making it weird. 

Edited by gdm

I refuse to believe a ~£20million asset is categorically not for sale if you're a Championship club. It's totally plausible that the player would fancy it too.

Like everything to do with this transfer window, we don't know the ins and outs of it, I'd just be encouraged that we're at the negotiating table over players we all, deep down, probably like the sound of. 20-year-old Brazilian striker with plenty of experience at the top level already sounds very encouraging and an ideal understudy to Wilson. He won't be the only one we've made a bid for either, I assume, s'just that this one got leaked. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

He's probably a decent backup striker, not convinced he's a good option out wide though at this level. Think Cornet would have been a better buy at 17m.

Im fine with Pedro being the young back up striker, but the wide position will still be the same. If we dont fix that we will be in the same mud no matter what we do.

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

Doesn't sound promising, he's contracted until 2027, and they don't want to sell. It's going to take daft money to get him out of there, and I can't see us doing that.

Aye, that said if they aren't willing sellers, why leak the bid?

33 minutes ago, gdm said:

As I said if we sign him he’ll get my full support. I’ve mentioned a few times we really need to add quality to our bench. I’d be confident of Ramos coming off the bench and bringing some goal threat up front can’t say I feel the same about JP

Quick question about the club looking at players that can play across the front 3. Does anyone think the signing of Joao Pedro puts paid to signing a right sided forward as he can play there? Maybe our efforts will go to a midfielder like Maddison or Paqueta (budget depending) 

We aren't spending 20 million on Pedro if we were signing someone of the 2 aboves ilk imo

51 minutes ago, TRon said:

Generally the good players are hard to prise away precisely because they are good. Why would they want to sell unless it's a silly bid?

Fair, but- good or otherwise -clubs have players who they’re more willing to let go than others. Watford have just sold a striker so you’d imagine they’re not in any rush to lose another but for a really tasty offer.

Not that I've seen a lot of João Pedro but I rate him much higher than Sarr and Dennis just cause he's more elegant with the ball at his feet.

Imo, we're looking at him primary as a RW option. As already said though, we probably should've went in earlier to get a cheaper deal.. Still, think it could be a good addition.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Pedro's always looked like a midfielder playing up top to me.

Joelinton mark 2. That’ll do nicely :thup: