Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

The profile looks right up our street.

Didn't quite work out at Barca when he was young and coming along now at Nice, and so a lot of clubs are second guessing and are uncertain.

This has been our golden ticket so far. The price is in that range we have been operating in and he's a big talent that is not quite enough of a certainty for the typical bigger clubs. 

Fantastic profile of player for Howe to sharpen up and once again every one will be left dumbfounded in a year's time.

I think I've come to the conclusion now that the easiest and best way for us to improve our first XI is RW. An elite (and not one footed) player in that position would take us to another level.

LB would be second for me in terms of the first XI, but equally important is someone that gives us the ability to play without Bruno (for when we need to). I'm honestly not sure we'd be in any European place without him and we cannot head into next season with that risk. 

I've said this previously but what i would be looking at is "who would we miss the most if they were injured for a lengthy period?".

Top 3 priorities:

For me the obvious answer is Bruno. We need someone in the middle who can retain possession at least somewhere near Brunos level. Without him, a huge part of our game collapses.

Secondly, I'd say Schar because its a huge step down to Lascelles. Schar is 31 and we have a huge workload next year. Burn is an able deputy to Botman.

Third, yep LB, not because I don't like Targett but because Burn is going to be needed in the middle more and more. Let's get someone who has some technical ability/pace going forward.

It does seem odd that I've highlighted 3 defensive areas but it's a strength of ours and we need depth to continue our high standards.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I've said this previously but what i would be looking at is "who would we miss the most if they were injured for a lengthy period?".

Top 3 priorities:

For me the obvious answer is Bruno. We need someone in the middle who can retain possession at least somewhere near Brunos level. Without him, a huge part of our game collapses.

Secondly, I'd say Schar because its a huge step down to Lascelles. Schar is 31 and we have a huge workload next year. Burn is an able deputy to Botman.

Third, yep LB, not because I don't like Targett but because Burn is going to be needed in the middle more and more. Let's get someone who has some technical ability/pace going forward.

It does seem odd that I've highlighted 3 defensive areas but it's a strength of ours and we need depth to continue our high standards.

If we could get a another trippier style player on the left it would be amazing for the balance and give us so many more options going forward. I think it's nothing against our current players, but it's more about the evolution of our team to the next level.

2 minutes ago, pubteam said:

If we could get a another trippier style player on the left it would be amazing for the balance and give us so many more options going forward. I think it's nothing against our current players, but it's more about the evolution of our team to the next level.

Also, Trippier is going to need rested. Therefore having one fullback with quality on the pitch would be a nice option.

One thing I will say is, I see no way in which ASM stays at the club.

I can't put my finger on why exactly, call it a hunch.

I just think the chemistry isn't right. Howe needs reliability and workrate. He's sellable too.

If we get a 30m offer for him, I reckon he's gone... and if we end up signing Diaby for 45m, it will be seen as great business.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I just think the chemistry isn't right. Howe needs reliability and workrate. He's sellable too.

If we get a 30m offer for him, I reckon he's gone... and if we end up signing Diaby for 45m, it will be seen as great business.

I think there's your reason, if you're looking for one...

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Diaby won’t be that cheap.

The likelihood is that we will be in for those top end players but we will only move for them if other clubs are dithering.

Arsenal didn't move on Bruno, so we nipped in. We knew Milan couldn't afford Botman, so we nipped in. Isak had been courted by most sides in Europe but alot of clubs either decided against him, had other priorities or didn't need a CF... so we struck, knowing that we wouldn't get another chance.

I suspect we will stay in the background on a few of these deals and wait for other clubs who will pay higher wages to play their hand. We won't get in bidding wars because that's how you end up with financial waste.

Let's remember, City signed Haaland, Arsenal signed Jesus, Chelsea signed Sterling, Liverpool signed Nunez, Spurs signed Richarlison... all of those sides could have signed Isak and didn't. More fool them.

We will be patient again. Wait for who HASNT been plucked in the early flurry and then take the bargains when we are the only horse in the race.

We also have the luxury of being a significantly more attractive prospect than we were 12 months ago.

Don't rule out big money moves for the likes of Declan Rice, but only after the likes of Liverpool turn their noses up and cast their gaze elsewhere.

Edited by STM

45 minutes ago, STM said:

Do you mean, you don't see anyone forking 30m for him? 

Yeah, I don't see why anyone would. I think when he leaves it'll be on loan with some obligation based on appearances. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Yeah, I don't see why anyone would. I think when he leaves it'll be on loan with some obligation based on appearances. 

Reckon Spurs would give us 30/40m, maybe a West Ham. 

Although I could see a loan to Milan.