Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

8 minutes ago, STM said:

I don't understand the point in us paying 70 odd million for a DM when I'm sure we could find our own starlet for half the price.

The only clubs that continuously waste that sort of money are clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd who can't be arsed with putting the effort into intense scouting.

Our current model is working fine.

(I know is Isak was 60m but strikers always cost more).

People just love their name brands man, it's unbelievable.

We've built an incredible young spine at great value with Botman, Bruno and Isak that has already allowed us to make incredible progress in a year, and they want to move away from that and pay a premium for premier league players at the peak of their popularity that their clubs can command top money for. They actually want to be Chelsea instead.

Makes absolutely no sense man. Especially when you consider how much we still need to build up the squad with a better number of quality players.

46 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I don't want to deal with Brighton for transfers.  They've developed their own Brighton premium on players because they don't need to sell.  Their managers always get a lot of credit (and they should) for how Brighton perform but their recruitment is exemplary.  I wonder who was in charge of planning their recruitment?

It's their owner. Dan still knows his shit but it's not all him. 

Mac Callister carries a hefty price tag and is undoubtedly a name after the world cup. However, he’s at a selling club, the right age, has PL experience and appears to be a great guy around the club.

He ticks a lot of boxes in what we look for in players but agree the price is probably prohibitive even with CL football.

We’ll undoubtedly end up paying 40 to 50 million though if we want somebody like Thuram, Kone or Lavia this summer.

Rumours from Turkey that a £17 million deal for Fenerbache's Ferdi Kadioglu is on the cards. Been reading up on him and checking out some clips and he looks like he would be a great addition. Attack minded and technically gifted full back. Plays right back mostly, but can cover at left back and on either wing. Born in the Netherlands but represents Turkey.

image.thumb.png.6ac39629935100bbeff389e1193c1c79.png

24 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Should we qualify for the CL what is the speculated big budget we would be working with this summer?

No idea but A LOT I reckon ?

Jokes aside how much is 4-5 potential starters going to cost? I suppose that'll give a ball park figure. What’s that 200m odd maybe? 

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Rumours from Turkey that a £17 million deal for Fenerbache's Ferdi Kadioglu is on the cards. Been reading up on him and checking out some clips and he looks like he would be a great addition. Attack minded and technically gifted full back. Plays right back mostly, but can cover at left back and on either wing. Born in the Netherlands but represents Turkey.

Winder if that’s why we’ve been linked with Guler. Media hearing were after someone from Fenwrbahce and assuming it must be Guler, when maybe it’s this lad.

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Winder if that’s why we’ve been linked with Guler. Media hearing were after someone from Fenwrbahce and assuming it must be Guler, when maybe it’s this lad.

1b5.gif 

38 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Should we qualify for the CL what is the speculated big budget we would be working with this summer?

It's the increase in the amount we could get from Sponsorship deals which is the key. Budget has never been an issue FFP has been. The more we generate the more we can spend.

9 minutes ago, duo said:

It's the increase in the amount we could get from Sponsorship deals which is the key. Budget has never been an issue FFP has been. The more we generate the more we can spend.

Precisely, the question should have been worded better how much are forecast to spend if we qualify would have been better. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

This guy gets a few things right, I’d be shocked and delighted if this was one:

Thanks for sharing but we can say safely this isn’t happening. 

We have too many areas to strengthen to invest so much into one player. 

our midfield players are all strong, athletic, high energy and can press, with only Bruno being creative. what we need in there is a cm who is like Bruno (here I would recommend the lazio cm we been linked too) and Gallagher. So we will have Bruno (lazio cm) longstaff (Gallagher) Joe (willock) and Anderson. that's 7.

in defence I would want a young rcb and a left back. maybe sell one of krafth and manquillo. keep the rest atleast for one more season. 

upfront get Maddison (no brainer really) and a young player who can play across the front 3.

That's 6 players 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I would guess a similar budget to the last 2 seasons so between £100m and £150m net.

The reassuring thing is if they do feel they can spend without breaching FFP then they will, while trying to maintain some sort of balance for future years.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Precisely, the question should have been worded better how much are forecast to spend if we qualify would have been better. 

No one will know. It' depend on what sponsorship deals we secure.  

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Probably keeping tabs on both as they both look very good players, and both fit our profile of players.

Both together can be had for less than £25 million too, which is extraordinary really. Hope the rumours for both are true.

9 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Mac Callister carries a hefty price tag and is undoubtedly a name after the world cup. However, he’s at a selling club, the right age, has PL experience and appears to be a great guy around the club.

He ticks a lot of boxes in what we look for in players but agree the price is probably prohibitive even with CL football.

We’ll undoubtedly end up paying 40 to 50 million though if we want somebody like Thuram, Kone or Lavia this summer.

Judging by his surname and ginger hair, we must be very near to his ancestral home. This needs pointing out to him.

One that was linked with us quite a bit over previous transfer windows.

Bayern Munich have backed out of a move for 25-year-old Ajax and Mexico midfielder Edson Alvarez, who could instead move to Borussia Dortmund.(Sky Sport Germany)

44 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

One that was linked with us quite a bit over previous transfer windows.

Bayern Munich have backed out of a move for 25-year-old Ajax and Mexico midfielder Edson Alvarez, who could instead move to Borussia Dortmund.(Sky Sport Germany)

Yeah Dortmund can have him not been impressed in the slightest times I’ve watched him.

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

Never trust the Turkish sports media, man. Every season they link us to some hyped Turkish player and it never happens.