Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

36 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Belotti still on a free but it looks like Roma may get him. Surely in a JoMo setup there is no room for him & Tammy. Wonder if the incoming free would tempt Roma to sell Tammy for a decent profit?

That is why I do not want us to sign a centre forward. We should go for either Abraham or Osimhen next summer.

Edited by Mansour

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

If Leeds get Sarr, I reckon we will go back in for Harrison.

Don’t think Leeds are actually after Sarr was just paper talk. Also heard someone say Watford might keep him as they will get more being promoted than from selling him. 

I was hoping to watch Lorient vs Lyon on BT, in order to professionally scout a little known player called Paqueta.

Match postponed, though, due to an 'unplayable pitch'.

Sounds fishy to me. I can only conclude that we have bids in for all of the players from both teams. You heard it here first, Fabrizio.

I don’t think we have put a bid in for Paqueta, Lyon or his agent would have leaked it to try and start a bidding war. If we haven’t put a bid in by this point then how serious can the interest be?

27 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Howe is conservative with his squad management, integrating players into the team, etc. 8 over 2 windows is enough.

Burn and Wood were bought with the aim of keeping the club up that season and as players who would do well in The Championship if the worst happened, rather than as long term buys.

It's a new keeper, a new back four, a midfielder and a striker. The club will want at least one more forward and midfielder.

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

If Forest signs Aouar, there's no way Lyon will let Paqueta leave in the same window.

One of the NUFC youtubers is now claiming the price for Paqueta is a lot higher than the supposed £30m+ being bandied about anyway, according to his sources. He might be talking crap of course, but that always seemed a suspiciously low figure anyway. I can't see that deal happening.

Aside from the glaring need for quality at RW, we're desperate for a little more strength in depth. We're still too reliant on key individuals being available/having a good game to help us push forward. 

We're seeing progress with every game, but christ we need options coming off the bench.

2 hours ago, Abacus said:

I was hoping to watch Lorient vs Lyon on BT, in order to professionally scout a little known player called Paqueta.

Match postponed, though, due to an 'unplayable pitch'.

Sounds fishy to me. I can only conclude that we have bids in for all of the players from both teams. You heard it here first, Fabrizio.

Lorient aren’t nicknamed the hakes for nothing.

4 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Gordon is one of those where his value to Everton is probably quite a bit higher than his value to anyone else.

If they sell him towards the end of the window for £35-40m I don't think that's a good deal for seller or buyer.

They’ve played him in the last two games as their central forward, because they’ve no other option presumably. That’s the only thing that makes me think they’d sell, ie they need to buy a centre forward. And soon. Still can’t see it mind, he’s Everton through and through and Lampard recently gave the fans assurances that he was not for sale. I think he would be a great acquisition, though would rank this buy behind signing Gallagher. And both behind signing a right sided forward come centre forward. 

10 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

If we don't get two attacking signings of quality in before close of the window it's been a failure of a window IMO - despite all the progress as a club

It would be desperately disappointing because there isn't really any excuse for not finding competition for Wilson or an upgrade on Almiron/Fraser/Murphy. We've got a good team, a good manager and the Europa door is wide open so - whilst I'm on board with 'evolution not revolution' - we should strike while the iron is hot. 

Thankfully they clearly know this and have the competence to make it happen.