Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

I have a feeling that there's more chance we'll sign Maximo Perrone than Tielemans. I just get the feeling Tielemans is running down his contract and will then move to the club of his choice, which might not necessarily be us.

Perrone rumours have been rumbling for a while now, he seems to fit our bill of buying young up and coming stars, and maybe he will suit our pressing style more. Although if Eddie wants Tielemans then he obviously thinks he can do all that as well. Although we don't actually know that we are definitely looking at Tielemans at this point, it's all conjecture.

It looks like City have stolen a march on us for him. 

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

I have a feeling that there's more chance we'll sign Maximo Perrone than Tielemans. I just get the feeling Tielemans is running down his contract and will then move to the club of his choice, which might not necessarily be us.

Perrone rumours have been rumbling for a while now, he seems to fit our bill of buying young up and coming stars, and maybe he will suit our pressing style more. Although if Eddie wants Tielemans then he obviously thinks he can do all that as well. Although we don't actually know that we are definitely looking at Tielemans at this point, it's all conjecture.

Perrone is going to city 

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

Isn’t the most recent rumours that’s Man City’s hijacked the Perrone? 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

He must be pretty good then. Not sure he'll be starting many games for them any time soon.

Rodri is possibly the best DM in the world and is only 26, they would only be buying Perrone to stop someone else (us) from getting him.

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Rodri is possibly the best DM in the world and is only 26, they would only be buying Perrone to stop someone else (us) from getting him.

Or, seeing as he’s 6 years younger, they have a succession policy? Or see him learning and developing alongside Rodri? Or even buying him for 10m now knowing they will be able to triple that price when they sell in a few years, like a lot of their younger player purchases? All possible and valid options. 

12 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

They have future plans for him apparently.

Apparently letting him stay at current club for time being to get games and bumping his wages. Done this before a few times in the past.

Edited by Gawalls

Tielemans Is obviously a decent player, and maybe if we are actually interested in him Howe is looking at a different approach going forward, but right now he doesn’t seem to have the stamina or physicality to get up and down the pitch and press left right and centre in the high intensity way we try to play. I can’t see this one happening, lazy journalism and maybe agent talk? He’d be better running his contract down and available on a free where you would imagine he’d have a host of clubs after him. I wouldn’t say no of course… Maddison for me though please!

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

He wasn’t their head of youth recruitment, he was a northern UK youth scout so might not have as much insider knowledge as some think

Ah fair enough he’s our new head of youth recruitment. However he definitely will have all the info he knows most likely all the players in the academy set up. He was Leeds national youth scouting manager and city’s UK northern youth scouting manager. Anyways hopefully it’s another step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Ah fair enough he’s our new head of youth recruitment. However he definitely will have all the info he knows most likely all the players in the academy set up. He was Leeds national youth scouting manager and city’s UK northern youth scouting manager. Anyways hopefully it’s another step in the right direction.

He was also head of recruitment for the Mackem academy whilst being coach at Stockton. 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Or, seeing as he’s 6 years younger, they have a succession policy? Or see him learning and developing alongside Rodri? Or even buying him for 10m now knowing they will be able to triple that price when they sell in a few years, like a lot of their younger player purchases? All possible and valid options. 

I think they've probably learnt their lesson from the Fernandinho problem they had a few years ago. They brought Rodri in too late at the end of Fernandinhos career and took him a awhile to step up to that role

10 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Maddison is a wonderful player and I would love him at Newcastle, but his knee injury concerns me a bit. 

Seems like Leicester just don’t know the exact issue yet or how long he’ll be out for.

I don’t think a move for him in January suits any party.

Last thing we need to do is put all our eggs in a broken basket...again.

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

I prefer a more dymanic player to add to Bruno. No doubting Tielemans quality on the ball, I’d just prefer a more physical player, a top quality box to box that is strong defensively that can exchange positions with Bruno at times when going forward. One that is great in general play and technically great. We still need depth though. 

I would obviously be happy with him. Can see him going to BM on a free though.

I agree. Not much legs in midfield with Bruno and Tielemans. Heaping a lot of dirty work (that Longstaff currently does) on to Joelinton.

A younger cheaper Kovacic is what we need. A faster more technically gifted Longstaff in short.

16 hours ago, FLUMPO235 said:

There is definitely going to be some upset if we do end up top 4 this season. 

They weren’t expecting it that quickly and thought they could freeze us out financially. 

outside of city and Chelsea’s ridiculous spending, there probably isn’t enough money to go around outside of the cl places. 

One of them will potentially implode. 

Upset ? They will be bricking it as they can't use the smaller sponsorships for smaller clubs thing. Once we can compete on a level field financially at least one, possibly two of those clubs will be fucked big time.