Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

28 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Few decent sources said it in fairness 

Yeah, maybe. I just never saw it happening.

Too much interest and competition from clubs in the Champions League, huge wages, some risk he might continue to struggle in the prem. 

Just all a bit much.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, maybe. I just never saw it happening.

Too much interest and competition from clubs in the Champions League, huge wages, some risk he might continue to struggle in the prem. 

Just all a bit much.

Yeah I never expected it tbh, always thought he would go to Germany. Must say seeing some of our supposed targets go elsewhere, Werner, Corner, Hudson-odoi, makes me think a name out of the blue will appear.

We will be 100% be making a move of some sort this week. Fuck knows who.

Back in for Maddison with a final bid would be my guess.

Dangle Dubravka in front of them.

Edited by STM

7 minutes ago, STM said:

The idea of someone else creative like a number 10 or RW in front of our current midfield is quality 

Either:

1. We go back for Maddison because we know the price that gets him

2. We have someone unknown (probably abroad) who we know we can get

3. We are waiting until the last week when the market opens up and stuff starts happening to find a suitable target

I reckon it’ll come from the French market and will be with the same sort of profile as Ekitike or Mara. We’ve clearly extensively scouted France based on the reports that have come out of our interest in players

1 hour ago, STM said:

I like us to purchase...

GettyImages-1147614253.jpg

And loan....

61101619-11084443-image-a-56_16597017463

Job done.:notbad:

On 03/08/2022 at 08:23, Manxst said:

@Milanistasays Berardi is shite which is why Milan haven’t bought him, despite crying out for a player in that position. 

He is utter garbage. He's slow, freezes up whenever there's the tiniest bit of pressure or something on-the-line.

Yes, he puts up impressive numbers, but, there's a reason not a single big club in Italy has seriously went after him. Last summer Fiorentina offered 15m for him, they wouldn't go higher.

Italian players go for a premium for homegrown rules and all that, but the fact that Roma, Napoli, Inter, Juve, Milan, none of them have seriously went after him, he's 28, he "burst onto the scene" years ago.

I think many of you know that I tend to shy away from the idea that the EPL is some other-wordly league, but, I will say that speed is incredibly important when you're... a winger, but he would get eaten up by EPL speed, he just would.

He's not skilled enough to overcome his lack-of-pace, and I think a big reason why he's been able to survive, even in Italy, where the pace can be slower (but the tactics suffocating) is because Berardi is actually a big boy. He's taller than you think and I think he's used his frame and skill to good effect, but if he's not your focal point of your team, he's terrible. Also, the rest of his team's attack is filled with pace. Hamed Traore (who is the better player), Raspadori (who I don't rate [I'd say that's an unpopular opinion in Italy, but one I would stick to]), Frattesi (a CM), and even Scamacca, who is fast for his size, all are able to compensate for his lack of speed.

We bought De Ketelaere the new Belgian star, and it seems we will be using him and Yacine Adli, another gem we found in France, to add to our attack with Rafa Leao. Plus, our made-for-a-movie story of a former delivery man turned professional player Junior Messias is looking like he'll be much better in his second season. Anyway, the point is, several teams in Italy have needed a winger, not just Milan, but Napoli as well, and they've both snubbed him. The fact that only Fiorentina wanted to take a punt on him, and only at 15m, while Sassuolo demand 30m for him--it just goes to show you that he's just... he's not that good. Yes, he's capable of doing a job for a club, and he'll do it well, but not a single club in the European places in Italy want him, doesn't that tell you everything you need to know?

Everyone misses, but, he missed this, against Macedonia:

I cannot get over it. Italy was plagued by injuries in this game, and there's a reason why when we won the Euros, it was mostly down to Berardi being benched in favor of Chiesa--who is Italy's best attacking talent, the only issue being that he tore his ACL, just like Zaniolo (twice), which is why Berardi even gets game-time.

When you look past his stats, you see a limited player. Even when you look at a lot of his "assists" they are other players doing incredible things. Yes, Berardi has his moments, he does, but, would I pay 30m for him? I realize that 30m for the EPL (25m pounds) is nothing, but, to me, that's a lot of money for a player, especially from a team that is in 8-10th place. We bought Rafa Leao for 29m, and he's looking like one of the best LW in the world right now. We bought Tomori for 28m, or Theo Hernandez for 20m, and these are all world-class players. So, I just don't think he's worth the money.

Congrats are your first win of the season by the way!

2 hours ago, duo said:

He'd have made his money though

Fair play to him. Be interesting to see if he's taken a pay cut. I mean, after 2 years on that salary he can afford it. Would like to see more players do that, accept they got lucky with a contract then come back to [relative] reality.

It'd the perfect scheme to keep the top clubs at the top abd doesn't allow anyone else to catch up, the fact we can't even pump money in through sponsorship is just Bollocks tbf

1 minute ago, Ben said:

It'd the perfect scheme to keep the top clubs at the top abd doesn't allow anyone else to catch up, the fact we can't even pump money in through sponsorship is just Bollocks tbf

The whole idea of FFP and S & P is exactly that. It's cartel behaviour masquerading as equity. 

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The whole idea of FFP and S & P is exactly that. It's cartel behaviour masquerading as equity. 

The idea that they called it Financial Fair Play (when it is anything but) then Profitability & Sustainability (see debts at Man Utd, Spurs etc) is a bit of a joke.

If they just called it the Annoying Upstarts Prevention Rule then at least I'd appreciate their honesty...

As well as we played on Saturday I think we really need a few more like.

Almiron has been decent in pre season but a good right sided forward/winger changes this side. It adds much needed quality and frees up ASM from getting doubled up on as much. Desperate to get one over the line and a backup striker for Wilson too.

Feel like we're so close to a very good side, but just a little off being there. It'll be frustrating if we don't get anyone. I'm pretty sure Bruno will be off at the end of the season if he maintains this form, regardless of who we sign like but we need to be matching the ambitions of our players.

Mind, I do recognise how difficult it is with the players available and the FFP constraints. 

I dunno, I appreciate it is maybe poorly implemented but as a measure to make sure clubs aren't spending beyond their means it still strikes me as sensible but it does seem bafflingly implemented. Nottingham Forest's spending looks very worrying to me as i think they are very probable to go back down and then can they afford that? Equally you look at the bonkers spending of Chelsea and you think are they really earning enough to offset that? (The answer is yes by all accounts but it still looks baffling). This is all aggravated by clubs taking full advantage of the Covid rules that were there for good reason and yet some clearly taken the piss with it.

We are hamstrung by Ashley's total uninterest in developing our income. We will fix this and there will be a lot of low hanging fruit for the new regime to get the income up so our spending power will progress. The other problem is the Bruce years led to us having a squad with very few saleable assets to raise funds. Of the players we would be willing to sell we could maybe get £15m for Miggy max? This is a situation of the clubs making even if it's not the present owners own fault. 

Unfortunately though FFP is not about making the top of the league more fair, and never will be while the clubs have voting power. If you were serious about that you would look at wage caps seriously.

Edited by Tiresias