Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

5 hours ago, toon25 said:

Eddie wouldn't touch Ronaldo with a shitty thankfully 

If all of this is true, at least it will be a good move form bussiness point of view. An Nashr social media followers double in number after Ronaldo announcement. And shirt sales go up in number too. If that happen to small Saudi club, what will happen to us?

Imagine the CRonic standing on the edge of the opposition penalty box, hands on hips, a scowl on his face whilst all of his teammates are doing gegenhoweball [emoji38] We'd plummet down the table overnight just due to squad harmony issues, man.

I think this guy has been linked on here before - https://www.90min.com/posts/newcastle-continue-talks-flamengo-brazilian-teenager  He looks pacey and promising.

The Ronaldo rumour sounds very unlikely - if not, the Saudis are being very naive. What does it do to the morale of the Saudi team if they have a newcomer who is able to jump ship the minute he sees the chance of success elsewhere. And what does it do to the morale of our players if they earn a place in the CL and then another player of greater status (who wouldn't have joined otherwise) immediately steps in to take advantage. 

Edited by Cronky

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Marca saying it's bollocks. :lol:

But then it is in their actual report..

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2023/01/02/63b2df1b22601dd3108b45c7.html

Whatever the truth is, i hope we'd steer clear. If we had champions league to offer next season, I'd hope we'd be able to attract (arguably) better, younger players, who are here for the team and not their own ageing ego.

Well worth watching the Sensible Transfer videos on Tifo IRL. The last 2 Windows, we've ended up signing or being heavily linked with players they've proposed for us or other teams (Bruno, Botman and others)

Watching it this morning the first one that's caught my eye as one I could see us going for is Bennacer at AC Milan (they recommended him for Arsenal)

The videos also feature Kone and Marcus Thuram (recommended for Man United)

It'll be interesting to see who they recommend on our video.

49 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

But then it is in their actual report..

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2023/01/02/63b2df1b22601dd3108b45c7.html

Whatever the truth is, i hope we'd steer clear. If we had champions league to offer next season, I'd hope we'd be able to attract (arguably) better, younger players, who are here for the team and not their own ageing ego.

The last thing we need is The Ronaldo Show rocking up and disrupting everything Howe is trying to build here.

5 hours ago, Johnny said:

If all of this is true, at least it will be a good move form bussiness point of view. An Nashr social media followers double in number after Ronaldo announcement. And shirt sales go up in number too. If that happen to small Saudi club, what will happen to us?

That's great, but now deduct his £1.5m/week wages.

57 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Even if that's true which it may well be, aren't Football Insider a dogshit source?

They are. Had a purple patch last January where they got a few of our transfer rumours correct. Could just be a broken clock thing though.

Edited by The Prophet

7 hours ago, Johnny said:

The social media thing obviously isn't for everyone and can quickly be dismissed, but I've often wondered why Newcastle's following is so low, relatively. Newcastle's IG followers have increased from 724k pre takeover to 1.3m today, and Twitter from 1.7m to 2.4m, and both will likely continue to increase the better we do, but in terms of IG numbers, West Ham are on 2.3m, Wolves are on 2.1m, Palace 1.5m, Southampton 1.2m. Leicester being on far more (7.1m) is somewhat understandable given they won the league and FA Cup in recent years, plus will likely have had a sizable increase from Thailand since their takeover.

I guess it highlights the massive lack of commercial activity and progression during the Ashley reign, and general fan apathy at the time, but I still thought we'd have significantly more followers than say Palace or Southampton who have largely been operating in the bottom half with no European football. 

10 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I was worried something like this would happen sooner or later. Saudis have shown with their WWE investment that they want big names, even if they're old or been dead for decades. Can very much see him being forced upon the team next season and completely upsetting the harmony and balance we have. It's sus as fuck that he's gone to some crap Saudi team if he hasn't been made some kind of promise.

Not a chance this will happen, wouldn’t waste any time on it