Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Everton are still seen as part of the old guard. They were part of the big 5 in my lifetime. There will be a token punishment even if its proven and they are done bang to rights.

We know what would happen if it was us, Palace, Brighton etc.

Still very much in favour of doing what the fuck we like in the market and arguing about it in court at a much later date. If there's been any inconsistencies in the application of FFP rules then we can argue that in our favour. There's also the 'market value' bullshit that I'd assume is a legal minefield. I get the impression that even if the regulations have clearly been broken then you can mitigate things and force a compromise sanction of some kind that's not too hefty. Fucking do it man, they're toothless. They've got the chance to throw the book at Everton and it's simply not happening, nor will it. Fuck it, it's a paper tiger. 

19 hours ago, Stifler said:

So anyone picking Goal, a movie about a rags to riches player making it in the game needs to grow up.

But a movie about a player going to jail and playing against the guards which is the exact same story as an American Football movie is the better movie?

I enjoyed it. I take back what I said. Those lads are young so they have every right to say Goal . 

12 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Few comments on there saying NUFC lost £40m to covid. Definitely fudging of accounts like

Villa claiming in the region of £55m. We claim £40m. The Scouse shites claiming £170m in two years. Writing off £50m of Sigurdsson for being a danger isn’t a Covid loss…

On 16/05/2022 at 11:54, Big Geordie said:

:o Not good.

I'm also old enough to remember the skinheads from the National Front, regularly trying to peddle their filth outside the Gallowgate End (as a kid)

Bad times.

meant i was only ever able to go to the game if my white mate and his dad took mewith them and we sat in the milburn paddocks.

17 hours ago, midds said:

Still very much in favour of doing what the fuck we like in the market and arguing about it in court at a much later date. If there's been any inconsistencies in the application of FFP rules then we can argue that in our favour. There's also the 'market value' bullshit that I'd assume is a legal minefield. I get the impression that even if the regulations have clearly been broken then you can mitigate things and force a compromise sanction of some kind that's not too hefty. Fucking do it man, they're toothless. They've got the chance to throw the book at Everton and it's simply not happening, nor will it. Fuck it, it's a paper tiger. 

Cheslea forever sitting on a historical £2bn debt because the owner might one day write it off [emoji38]

Tottenham hamstrung by huge mortgage on their stadium 

Man U in perpetual debt as the Glazers just take whatever profits are generated 

Arsenal might be the only team that operate within their means, probably the only team that's won the league without overspending

Everton the new accountant sheet champions now Ashley has left

West Ham's stadium funded by the tax payers

Liverpool are/were in a shit load of debt that their previous owners are still paying off (https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-truth-liverpools-238m-debt-20485647https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/george-gillett-still-paying-125000-10977659

1 hour ago, OCK said:

Tottenham hamstrung by huge mortgage on their stadium …

Arsenal might be the only team that operate within their means, probably the only team that's won the league without overspending…

This was before this year, when they released Auba etc, spent a ton of money, didn’t have any European money and may now fail to get into the CL again.

Spurs are just essentially doing what Arsenal did way back when with their stadium, only Arsenal did it when the economy was far more forgiving. Not sure how you can argue that Arsenal in contrast operate within their means when (a) they don’t and (b) they just did the same thing Spurs did.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

PSG should be banned from the champions league for their financial promiscuity. Absolutely crackers.

The £300 million signing on few and £100 million a year can't be true

7 hours ago, leffe186 said:

This was before this year, when they released Auba etc, spent a ton of money, didn’t have any European money and may now fail to get into the CL again.

Spurs are just essentially doing what Arsenal did way back when with their stadium, only Arsenal did it when the economy was far more forgiving. Not sure how you can argue that Arsenal in contrast operate within their means when (a) they don’t and (b) they just did the same thing Spurs did.

Well that's even worse than. Half the league must be loaded with debt [emoji38]

Guest neesy111
Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Imagine having a World Cup this summer, man.

I'm glad there isn't tbh, been non stop football since June 2020 basically.