Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I mean, it’s hard to have much of a stance on it until the findings come out. It would surprise me if Henderson said something racist as he’s always come across as a decent lad but clearly something was said and it was either really abusive and potentially racist or there’s been a misunderstanding

He's a dirty mackem, its in his DNA.

Naa, don't believe for a second he would. About as professional as it comes. It was be a massive shock, ends his England career and probably loses Liverpool captaincy.

1 hour ago, dinotheprehistoricgeordie said:

That's me in the red coat drinking a can :lol:

Amazing work :lol:

Disregard attention seeking lady on wall

Replenish Stella

Can't be bothered to generate the meme, just imagine it, you know the one.

The way the blackout works in America with the NFL is that unless a certain % of tickets are sold the match is still on a TV blackout in the local area to that game. I don't think that could work in the UK, there's so many different ways to 'illegally' watch the games these days anyway that the 3pm blackout seems outdated anyway.

As I understand it, isn't one of the biggest arguments for the 3pm blackout these days surrounding the potential drop in attendance that may be seen in the lower leagues with people deciding to stay in and watch a bigger match on TV? I don't think we're going to know the true impact on that unless it's trialled over a period of time.

As someone that isn't going to go and watch a local lower league 3pm, I'm selfishly all for it. Give me an NUFC-specific subscription option and I'll be happy to do so rather than trawl the dodgy rivers every week. 

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Honestly surprised the PL don’t already have their own network. Flat fee every month, all games live every week, archived matches, documentaries.  The whole she bang. 

it feels inevitable, but with the amount of money other networks are willing to shovel their way, maybe not.

I think as long as it continues to be split equally amongst the 20 clubs, I'm all for this. If it's say a flat monthly rate where you can watch any match it's a great idea.

The danger is if clubs are allowed to do their own deals and you get the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool coming away with tens of millions more than the rest and further widens the gaps.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I have always been in favour of having all games on TV. I don’t think it will affect attendances for those teams because so long as the Premier League has been around, you have been able to watch it on dodgy boxes or in pubs and clubs that have them.

If non-league and lower League attendances are at risk, then just switch Premier League games to Sundays, most of them are these days in anyway.

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Honestly surprised the PL don’t already have their own network. Flat fee every month, all games live every week, archived matches, documentaries.  The whole she bang. 

With their ability to get pretty much everything wrong, they'll do it then provide an app that isn't Chromecast compatible or available on a smart TV or Sky/Virgin box :lol:

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I have always been in favour of having all games on TV. I don’t think it will affect attendances for those teams because so long as the Premier League has been around, you have been able to watch it on dodgy boxes or in pubs and clubs that have them.

If non-league and lower League attendances are at risk, then just switch Premier League games to Sundays, most of them are these days in anyway.

So basically if your team gets to the PL, you never get to watch them on a Saturday? Er, no thanks.

19 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Well you still get midday and teatime KO’s.

How you supposed to go watch Blyth/Consett/South Shields or whoever at 3pm then make it in to town for a 5:30pm Newcastle game?