Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Cooper has turned a situation around where he was facing the sack incredibly well, like [emoji38]

Given they’ve won 1, drawn 2 and lost 7 since the start of the season, and the outlay they had in the summer, something had to give. That would either be Cooper and his coaching team, or the internal scouting/signing department. The owner has obviously decided that Cooper isn’t to blame, given the way they got promoted last year, and instead has gone for the sacking the head scout/DOF route to try and change things. It was fairly obvious given their scattergun and illogical summer recruitment that they were to blame, and not the manager, imo. I’m not sure on the Forest recruitment method and whether it follows our ‘committee’ type, but from

the sackings it would suggest Cooper didn’t have much, or the final say on things? 

30 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

This is them checking YouTube vids of Gibbs-WhiteFLkjSNnXsAEdnae.thumb.jpg.5c13ccb724e238f44a98dd14d820a493.jpg

It's a good job Clinton Baptiste wasn't involved in the recruitment or they could've ended up with Adam Johnson.

Regarding the 3pm games on TV discussion, I'm selfishly for it as I've never watched non league in my life (though I may go to a Chester Town or South Shields game whilst the WC is up on to get my fix of going to games) but I don't see why 3pms can't be shown via PPV or another subscription to a streaming service. Pay a one off fee and get NBC's coverage on your TV or SuperSport's coverage of a specific game. I'd more than happily do that for all the aways I can't get to.

10 hours ago, Big River said:

it feels inevitable, but with the amount of money other networks are willing to shovel their way, maybe not.

Pretty much this. It doesn’t make financial sense for the PL to do their own app when Amazon or whomever is throwing 100s of millions the PL’s way each season.  

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Amazon can bugger off unless they sort the delay thing out.

This is an issue for every streaming service I've used. Swedish football is pretty much only streamed these days, and you're never perfectly synced with your mates. It's a big problem IMO, and one that really needs to be addressed as we're moving more and more towards streaming rather than old fashioned TV. 

10 minutes ago, Nobody said:

This is an issue for every streaming service I've used. Swedish football is pretty much only streamed these days, and you're never perfectly synced with your mates. It's a big problem IMO, and one that really needs to be addressed as we're moving more and more towards streaming rather than old fashioned TV. 

Back in covid times we'd watch the games while Zoom chatting with our match going mates. The "What time.you got?" call would go out and we'd all pause our watching at say 5mins then re start so we'd all be on the same time.

Ex-Spanish pros sure do land in some great jobs very early. Really i'm just thinking of Alonso, Xavi & Arteta but still.

The best ex-English pros start off at Rangers. A massive club but it's not in the top 5 leagues.

Lack of language is a barrier. Alonso presumably speaks German due to his time at Bayern. Arteta spent most of his career in Scotland/England. So they're stuck with British jobs - most of which go to experienced managers.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Ex-Spanish pros sure do land in some great jobs very early. Really i'm just thinking of Alonso, Xavi & Arteta but still.

The best ex-English pros start off at Rangers. A massive club but it's not in the top 5 leagues.

Lack of language is a barrier. Alonso presumably speaks German due to his time at Bayern. Arteta spent most of his career in Scotland/England. So they're stuck with British jobs - most of which go to experienced managers.

Arteta started as a coach/assistant, Xavi started in Qatar and Alonso coached a B team for 3 years

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

By best English pro's do you mean Gerrard who has been shit at villa?

You can name them all.. Rooney, Campbell, Scholes etc.

It could just be that they are obviously pap and clubs know it.

But I do think it's difficult for any English manager to land a top job in club football. If they managed in any other top 5 division, managers like Howe and Potter would have opportunities at clubs at the higher end of the table much earlier. There's an opportunity cost lost.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

You can name them all.. Rooney, Campbell, Scholes etc.

It could just be that they are obviously pap and clubs know it.

But I do think it's difficult for any English manager to land a top job in club football. If they managed in any other top 5 division, managers like Howe and Potter would have opportunities at clubs at the higher end of the table much earlier. There's an opportunity cost lost.

The other side of the argument is whether they would be as good as they are if they had the playing careers of those given early opportunities. They're amongst the elite because of graft, insight and eagerness to adapt. Gerrard, Lamps, Rooney used they careers to leapfrog what should have been a lengthier process. 

Rooney wasn't prepared for even Derby level of management. 

1 hour ago, The Bonk said:

The other side of the argument is whether they would be as good as they are if they had the playing careers of those given early opportunities. They're amongst the elite because of graft, insight and eagerness to adapt. Gerrard, Lamps, Rooney used they careers to leapfrog what should have been a lengthier process. 

Rooney wasn't prepared for even Derby level of management. 

But this same point applies to Xavi, Alonso, Arteta even Ole.. take it further Pirlo, Zidane, Inzaghi etc.

Again tbf there's precedent on Europe for giving unproven managers a try and it becoming a success. My point is there's not much of a pathway for British managers (and language is a massive barrier... and talent/application).

Similar achievements to what Brendan did at Leicester would have landed him another go at a bigger club if he did it in Spain, Italy etc. Likewise Potter gets his chance 16 months ago, Howe 4 years ago. Outside the real elite managerial talent, I do think those managers would've done better than some of the more recent Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd managers.

Manchester United Supporters' Trust taking legal action regarding their fans getting a reduced allocation at Chelsea next week after the full 3000 was already sold out. Sky just took the piss announcing what day the game was happening and what time it was kicking off, belatedly said it was a Saturday 5:30pm so the Met then decided it was thus a high risk fixture for bother even though even later kick offs and larger away allocations have had incredibly few arrests and ejections.

Fans being treated like dogshit once again, fucking sick of it.

Edited by HaydnNUFC