Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest Howaythetoon

Interesting.

I'd imagine the Championship would lose 3rd spot this season because of us.

With the Mackems in there it’s actually went up.

Worm-gate continues:

Sean Dyche on if he eats worms: "I also smoke exhaust pipes - that's what makes my voice like this. I have gravel for breakfast, that was another thing."

"Those three combined, that's what I use to keep this voice sounding how it is."

"But no it's fair to say I didn't actually eat the worms. It was a bit of banter where you get a nice, big juicy worm hanging out the edge of your mouth as if you're chewing it."

"Of course the worm comes out and you wash your mouth out with water! For the record I definitely don't eat worms, although Bear Grylls would probably be happy with me, a little worm omelette."

Worm-gate continues:

Sean Dyche on if he eats worms: "I also smoke exhaust pipes - that's what makes my voice like this. I have gravel for breakfast, that was another thing."

"Those three combined, that's what I use to keep this voice sounding how it is."

"But no it's fair to say I didn't actually eat the worms. It was a bit of banter where you get a nice, big juicy worm hanging out the edge of your mouth as if you're chewing it."

"Of course the worm comes out and you wash your mouth out with water! For the record I definitely don't eat worms, although Bear Grylls would probably be happy with me, a little worm omelette."

:lol:

This was raised by TheTimeWaster, so it will most likely be lost in a fast moving thread which has been flooded with anger which is 100% justafied.

The basic summary of TimeWaster's post, with added context. I've felt this way for quite some time, donned the tin hat and expressed it before.

*The current status quo is a dream scenario, for MA. Merely exist with no ambition, ShitDirect occupies pride of place at a rundown but nonetheless a boutique address, 50k (40k in the Championship, where NUFC is the box office attraction so SD still retains some visibility, during a hiatus year from the Prem) roll up every week and shovel their coin into the club's coffers. He must be pissing himself laughing.

*Tumble down a couple of divisions, mass boycott (which is extended for the remainder of his ownership). 20k'ish attendance, hopefully less.

*This is the end game, to get rid of Ashley, if the PCP bid is doomed.

Providing this shitshow (if it falls through) the popular notion, based on conventional business wisdom, is that the club is really only saleable while it merely exists in PL as a non-competitive entity.

We are viewing that scenario pan out - the optimal time to sell, genuine buyer apparently have conducted business in good faith. So far it's a wreck because of Mike Ashley's questionable ethics. They, meaning Stavely/PCP,  have done all they can imo to push this deal over the line - fair offers have been lodged, all have been ignored. Under the current status quo the guy is nigh on impossible to deal with.

Back-to-back relegations (where his s*** tat brand will have no visibility, empty husk of a stadium) is unchartered water for him. Sports Direct United aka the advertising space for his dearly beloved baby (ShitDirect) is affected, at an unprecedented level. League revenue & matchday revenue is reduced to a trickle, parachute payments don't travel so far because they are no longer recycled or reset (owners of Yo-Yo outfits, hoping to milk the system, are no longer rewarded). Tbh when it comes to the Scorched Earth scenario, under the proviso this all falls through, I would like to see the dice rolled and how things pan out if Ashley is thrown into unsailed & sharky waters and he becomes desperate.

Ashley is an unorthodox & volatile operator. An extreme situation may be required eliminate the virus.