Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40311889

The International Board to take up 60-min games with clock stoppage for consideration. I say bring it.

Not a fan of this as if I'm reading it right you will have some games lasting longer than others.

I like how when a game kicks off now you pretty much know when it is going to be half time and when it's going to finish, with this proposal it's uncertain

"Another proposal would see players not being allowed to follow up and score if a penalty is saved - if the spot-kick "is not successful", play would stop and a goal-kick awarded."

f*** off man.

:lol:

Mental. I mean I get the idea that they can't follow up and score if they shoot and it hits the bar, as I bet there are players out there who are good enough to use that to their advantage. However, to not allow them to get the rebound off of the keeper? Come on. Next they'll be saying goalkeepers can't drop the ball onto their own foot and kick it. I now they change the rules around in other sports, but I don't know... I'm too old and too much of an arse to ever feel like I'll accept them changing the rules of football around.

Why would a player purposely try and hit the bar and score a rebound rather than actually just shooting?!!

Guest chopey

Why on earth would you want to stop scoring from rebounds?

Because scoring from rebounds is the worst thing that's ever happened to football and if allowed to continue will destroy the very fabric of the game .....and those lovely fellas at FIFA won't be able to get their kick backs

Guest neesy111

The bar rule already exists doesn't it?  Referee calls an infringement if the penalty taker touches the rebound if it hits the goal frame without touching the GK?

Guest Howaythetoon

Stop fucking messing with the game, it's fine as it is. Bring back safe standing, clamp down on diving more and maybe that's about it.

"Another proposal would see players not being allowed to follow up and score if a penalty is saved - if the spot-kick "is not successful", play would stop and a goal-kick awarded."

f*** off man.

Mental. I mean I get the idea that they can't follow up and score if they shoot and it hits the bar, as I bet there are players out there who are good enough to use that to their advantage. However, to not allow them to get the rebound off of the keeper? Come on. Next they'll be saying goalkeepers can't drop the ball onto their own foot and kick it. I now they change the rules around in other sports, but I don't know... I'm too old and too much of an arse to ever feel like I'll accept them changing the rules of football around.

Why would a player purposely try and hit the bar and score a rebound rather than actually just shooting?!!

Why would you stagger your run, do a panenka, feint to shoot with your right but prod with your left - cos you're a cocky twat and you can.

The bar rule already exists doesn't it?  Referee calls an infringement if the penalty taker touches the rebound if it hits the goal frame without touching the GK?

Aye, I said as much.

f*** off man.

Why would you stagger your run, do a panenka, feint to shoot with your right but prod with your left - cos you're a cocky twat and you can.

Aye, I said as much.

I can't say I've ever seen a player do this though?!!

Not intentionally, but there are penalties that rebound from the posts (and sometimes the bar) and if the penalty taker touches the ball before any other player then he is guilty of a second touch and it's an IFK coming out.

I think this rule is being considered to make it one-shot...and no rebounds for anyone.  It would be either a goal or an IFK coming out.

What about the 'Jesus Saves but Shearer taps in the rebound' joke that's caused much mirth and hilarity on church signs across the north east?  Have they even considered the implications for that?

Guest firetotheworks

FIFA are starting to become like EA are with Fifa and Konami were with Pro Evo.

The new Fifa has a virtual Geoff Shreeves giving updates on binary injuries!!!!...but your goalkeeper will still pass it straight to the opposition striker from a goal kick, just like in the last 8 Fifas.

No rebounds! 30 minute halves!...but diving, corporate areas, agents, owners, ticket prices, and FIFA itself are all still ruining the game for the people who love it.

FIFA are starting to become like EA are with Fifa and Konami were with Pro Evo.

The new Fifa has a virtual Geoff Shreeves giving updates on binary injuries!!!!...but your goalkeeper will still pass it straight to the opposition striker from a goal kick, just like in the last 8 Fifas.

No rebounds! 30 minute halves!...but diving, corporate areas, agents, owners, ticket prices, and FIFA itself are all still ruining the game for the people who love it.

:thup: My sentiments exactly.

They should just make it so that only keepers are allowed in the box. For the whole match. And keepers aren't allowed to ever come out of their box too. Stick keeper.

Would make corners interesting.

f*** off man.

Why would you stagger your run, do a panenka, feint to shoot with your right but prod with your left - cos you're a cocky t*** and you can.

Aye, I said as much.

I can't say I've ever seen a player do this though?!!

Because they're not allowed, it's against the rules. If the penalty taker shoots and the ball hits the post/crossbar the penalty taker can't be the first person to touch the ball