Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Thinking womens football should be covered on a seperate news channel, ruining sky sports new. Seasons about to start and they wont stop going on about a final that no ones bothered about.

A final that will be a sell out and literally the whole nation is thinking about? You have some weird take on women’s football, if its not for you fair enough, but you don’t half bang on about it in a negative way!

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

A final that will be a sell out and literally the whole nation is thinking about? You have some weird take on women’s football, of its not for you fair enough, but you don’t half bang on about it in a negative way!

The whole nation isn't thinking about it though are they that's just what they are trying to tell us, heard no one say a word about it in public.

Guest HTT II

And who the fuck watches Sky Sports News these days, it’s eyes poked out with skewers football punditry/news. 

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

The whole nation isn't thinking about it though are they that's just what they are trying to tell us, heard no one say a word about it in public.

Nah, loads of people are looking forward to the big match of the day!

Just now, HTT II said:

And who the fuck watches Sky Sports News, it’s eyes poked out with skewers football punditry/news. 

Me part of the Saturday football routine especially big events like first game of the season which is ruined this year as they are trying to force women's football onto us. Started last season too they'd have upcoming news on arsenal or spurs etc so your expecting somthing on the mens game and it was news on the woman's teams that no ones bothered about.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Me part of the Saturday football routine especially big events like first game of the season which is ruined this year as they are trying to force women's football onto us. Started last season too they'd have upcoming news on arsenal or spurs etc so your expecting somthing on the mens game and it was news on the woman's teams that no ones bothered about.

The biggest game this weekend is England’s women playing Germany in a Euro Final. If anything there has been a lack of true coverage of the whole tournament in terms of ‘top’ news. 

Guest HTT II

They are not trying to force women’s football onto you or anyone else, they are trying to promote it, cover it and do you seriously believe they would do so if there wasn’t an audience for it? Howay man/women!

Just now, HTT II said:

They are not trying to force women’s football onto you or anyone else, they are trying to promote it, cover it and do you seriously believe they would do so if there wasn’t an audience for it? Howay man/women!

Absolutely, as proven last season with the women's league about 20 people at the stadium and they are giving it more coverage than lower leagues men teams. Teams in the lower leagues already get less coverage than they deserve now they are even further down the pecking order. Separate channel is the way forward for me and I'd bet the viewing figures would say it all.

Guest HTT II

England women playing Euro final at home against Germany or Wrexham vs fuck knows… I know who I want to watch and have reported on and they wear  skirts…

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

England women playing Euro final at home against Germany or Wrexham vs fuck knows… I know who I want to watch and have reported on and they wear  skirts…

Which is sound you could watch the separate news channel then couldn't you, I like lower league football though loads going on today newly promoted/relegated teams playing for first time in their leagues and no coverage.

6 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Thinking womens football should be covered on a seperate news channel, ruining sky sports new. Seasons about to start and they wont stop going on about a final that no ones bothered about.

I feel like you have a terrible opinion about pretty much everything.

Guest neesy111
12 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

DId you know that we need money?

They raised €700k. Some people just have way too much money.

Used to respect Barca as a club but hope you's crash and burn.

The coverage of the Women’s Euros made my 7 year old - who went to her first NUFC match last season and didn’t much enjoy it - decide she wanted to come to the game today where she had a really lovely day. And she’s absolutely buzzing for the final tomorrow.

If your life is being ruined by women’s sport being given a reasonable level of publicity maybe your life is just fucking miserable and the Euros has nothing to do with it?

7 minutes ago, christ said:

The coverage of the Women’s Euros made my 7 year old - who went to her first NUFC match last season and didn’t much enjoy it - decide she wanted to come to the game today where she had a really lovely day. And she’s absolutely buzzing for the final tomorrow.

If your life is being ruined by women’s sport being given a reasonable level of publicity maybe your life is just fucking miserable and the Euros has nothing to do with it?

The Tour de France Femmes has been a bloody good watch also :thup:

Women’s football is dreadful imo, but I’ll watch it tomorrow because it’s England in a major final. Same way as I don’t enjoy cricket, have no understanding of the rules but would still watch it if it was an important game.

It is slightly annoying when a news pop up shoots up on your phone “ARSENAL BREAK TRANSFER RECORD DEAL…” only to realise it’s actually women’s football. I’ve muted all of the other sports because I only really have it for the football news.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying they should be secluded to another channel but never understood why SSN doesn’t operate a bit like BBC News and have hourly/30 min segments featuring different sports. Also a good opportunity for features on different/specific teams.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Women’s football is dreadful imo, but I’ll watch it tomorrow because it’s England in a major final. Same way as I don’t enjoy cricket, have no understanding of the rules but would still watch it if it was an important game.

It is slightly annoying when a news pop up shoots up on your phone “ARSENAL BREAK TRANSFER RECORD DEAL…” only to realise it’s actually women’s football. I’ve muted all of the other sports because I only really have it for the football news.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying they should be secluded to another channel but never understood why SSN doesn’t operate a bit like BBC News and have hourly/30 min segments featuring different sports. Also a good opportunity for features on different/specific teams.

Aye this is what I'm getting at also starting to do it with England caps and goal records etc as if they're comparable. It's already shite on the lower league teams with the massive Premier league bias now they are getting even less of a look in. Don't see why a separate channel would be a bad thing, having a full channel dedicated to women's football for those interested doesn't sound that bad of a suggestion.

My only concern is that if England wins there could be a push to put the achievement on equal footing with winning a mens tournament. The result of this would be the USA being considered a footballing powerhouse. Unacceptable.

4 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Aye this is what I'm getting at also starting to do it with England caps and goal records etc as if they're comparable. It's already shite on the lower league teams with the massive Premier league bias now they are getting even less of a look in. Don't see why a separate channel would be a bad thing, having a full channel dedicated to women's football for those interested doesn't sound that bad of a suggestion.

Because inclusivity is preferable to segregation? Plenty of lower league teams in the region, you could

just buy a ticket to go and watch them. Alternately, you could take the approach that men’s football has dominated televised sports for literally decades and that trying something new isn’t a bad thing because, you know, progress.