Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

12 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Me part of the Saturday football routine especially big events like first game of the season which is ruined this year as they are trying to force women's football onto us. Started last season too they'd have upcoming news on arsenal or spurs etc so your expecting somthing on the mens game and it was news on the woman's teams that no ones bothered about.

I really can’t emphasise how grim I find your opinions sometimes. Whoever “they” are, nobody is forcing anything on to you - you can literally just not watch it by choosing to do literally anything else when it’s on. Before the match today I had conversations with every person I was with about the final, and every person I spoke to (10-15 people, I’d guess) all said they are watching the final and all were looking forward to it. It’s a positive thing for gender equality, it’s a positive thing for the country at a time when it’s not in a good state and it’s a positive thing for sport. 

Worrying

Weird as I watched Soccer Saturday and latterly the highlights on itv4 of the EFL and it looked exactly the same as every other time I have done. Match day undecidedly not ruined. Not a mention of the lasses and programming as usual. Odd that. 

Not going to lie however, I’ve been very distressed to the point of tears that during the womens euros the leftwaffe and wokerati have blocked my channels meaning an honest white man like myself can’t use the “doofer” to watch real programmes like The Bill and Londonistan’s Burning. I’ve written to my beloved Ric Holden to see if he can force the police to open a much needed case over it. 

Got to say the whole thing seems rather pointless in hindsight. When this started I expected a real push towards certain policies. Blank names on cv’s, more transparency from police, talking heads from the actual organisation doing the rounds and making the case policy x,y,z.

instead we got nothing. In the end this whole thing might have been counter Productive and just stirred up division for nothing.

Edited by Rafalove

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Anyway just seen The Athletic have names Peter Schmiechel’s performance in their 1-0 win against us as the best premier league performance of all time.

Fuck off. Even just GK performance Krul at Spurs was better.

Just now, Pata said:

Krul at Spurs didn't really mean much whereas Schmeichel's performance won them the league.

I thought it was performance not it's wider scheme of things ? Could someone from a mid table club have the best game ever but nah, it didn't win you anything or save you from relegation. 

More style over substance. 

7 minutes ago, madras said:

I thought it was performance not it's wider scheme of things ? Could someone from a mid table club have the best game ever but nah, it didn't win you anything or save you from relegation. 

More style over substance. 

I seem to remember them saying on the “View From The Lane” podcast that wider context was also taken into account.

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I seem to remember them saying on the “View From The Lane” podcast that wider context was also taken into account.

Bit of a silly concept then. 

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Got to say the whole thing seems rather pointless in hindsight. When this started I expected a real push towards certain policies. Blank names on cv’s, more transparency from police, talking heads from the actual organisation doing the rounds and making the case policy x,y,z.

instead we got nothing. In the end this whole thing might have been counter Productive and just stirred up division for nothing.

Don't think it's anything to do with stirring up division really, it's more that people are far too willing to let these things become cop-out replacements for actual systemic change. No denying it's had a big impact and I have no issue with anyone taking the knee, but I do find it crazy how quickly it's gone from:

Colin Kaepernick risking and losing a lot in a stand against racially motivated police brutality, on his own, largely against the establishment, and it being a huge talking point.

to

It being co-opted by inherently racist companies and an establishment that only want to use it for PR, it being expanded to 'all forms of discrimination', and it now being diluted to the point where it's becoming a solely symbolic gesture that's getting closer and closer to having about as much impact as Kick Racism out of Football.

It's an obvious tactic to suppress any chance for actual change.

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Anyway just seen The Athletic have names Peter Schmiechel’s performance in their 1-0 win against us as the best premier league performance of all time.

Got to be one of the most influential. Given the fact that we—thanks to him—managed to lose a game we dominated, was effectively the difference between us and Man Utd winning the league. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

Fuck off. Even just GK performance Krul at Spurs was better.

Importance wise though and ability was it was quality. Was literally the difference between them winning the title and us winning it.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I think it has stirred up division. I mean anytime you bring the topic of race up it’s going too. It was worth doing in the short run though, if actual policies were going to be atleast put forward for discussion. Instead of grabbing their moment and running with it they’ve done nothing. All we’ve done is talk about racism for the sake of it. A few non white people on adverts isn’t going to change the daily reality all that much for the vast majority of people.

Having Black Lives Matter written accross our screens every so often isn’t really going to change anyone’s mind. They’ve been invisible and probably someone like Gary Neville has spoken more about this issue than I’ve seen anyone from black lives matter.

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Importance wise though and ability was it was quality. Was literally the difference between them winning the title and us winning it.

Importance wise aye, influential ? Definitely, best ? Nah. Where do we go next ? Defender gets the ball at right back, dribbles past 9 opposition players, knocks it over the head of the last defender and overheads it past the lkeeper from 30yds.....yeah but it was Southampton against Palace and both teams were safe so didn't count for anything really ?

Watching SkySports News and they're doing a bit on Fabregas going to manage Como in Italy. 

Interviewing Como's Chief Exec. None other than football's very own Norris McWhirter, Dennis Wise :hunter:

Edited by Groundhog63