Gonçalo Ramos

Rich

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely the best way to keep Wilson fit will be to rotate him and not rely on him for 90 minutes of every game. This lad will get plenty of starts imo, assuming it is us in for him.

Agree with this. Whilst Wilson will remain first choice, I imagine this means we can actually rotate him more. Especially during those weeks where we play twice in a week, we can't be letting Wilson play, or at least start, a game more than once a week.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely the best way to keep Wilson fit will be to rotate him and not rely on him for 90 minutes of every game. This lad will get plenty of starts imo, assuming it is us in for him.

This will still happen too, sure. Have an inkling he'll also start with Wilson at times also.

42 minutes ago, STM said:

We should hear more today with the NUFC press pack all mingling together.

The fact none of them discussing it could be quite telling and a sign it is us.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Like @STM has said, I thought he'd be Wilson's understudy too, and to some extent he will be in the long run, but I think there's also a chance he also comes in to start.

It won't be on the wing though, as he hasn't ever played in that position, but through the middle as the most advanced attacking midfielder in our midfield three. He often played as a second striker/attacking midfielder playing with Nunez, and looking at his match records from his time in the youth team he has also played in a midfield three. I think it's also the same kind of role we would have given to Maddison had we managed to sign him.

Our resident Benfica man @Bruno also said the following about him ...

Be interesting to see if he's used in the first team with Wilson if it is Newcastle that has indeed bid for him.

Does seem like this guy makes a lot of sense. Much like Ekitike, you suspect the long term plan is for him to be Wilson's successor but his ability to play multiple positions will mean he'll get plenty of game time while Wilson is still the main man.

Hopefully we get this one done, looks an exciting talent.

If it is us, I'd imagine Howe will be going into great detail (price, length of contact, wages, blood type etc) if questioned on it in his post match interviews. If no mention then it's clear we're back to the days of Ashley.

Edited by TBG

22 minutes ago, TBG said:

If it is us, I'd imagine Howe will be going into great detail (price, length of contact, wages, blood type etc) if questioned on it in his post match interviews. If no mention then it's clear we're back to the days of Ashley.

:facepalm: