Gonçalo Ramos

Rich

9 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Don't think we will see any movement on this till after Benfica play their CL playoff on Wednesday. Hope things will move along quickly once that is out the way. 

The tie itself isn't over until the following Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, thomas said:

the year is 2032 and we've just won back to back titles and people on here will still be grousing about ekitike :lol:

Hey man , you won't even spell his name with a capital such is your spite.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

£25m + £8.5m add-ons is within our sort of price range, judging by what we were offering for Harrison.

I wonder if this means we either think he can play on the right, or we're getting a RW on loan (Pulisic please...)

We won't be signing this lad to play on the wing. He's Wilsons understudy.

Reckon we are looking at a loan for RW.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

He’ll be more than just an understudy but I get what you mean. The irony is that if Wilson doesn’t get picked for England then along with him moving to the North East and Xmas World Cup then this might be the one season Wilson stays fit for the duration 🙂

11 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

£25m + £8.5m add-ons is within our sort of price range, judging by what we were offering for Harrison.

I wonder if this means we either think he can play on the right, or we're getting a RW on loan (Pulisic please...)

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Like @STM has said, I thought he'd be Wilson's understudy too, and to some extent he will be in the long run, but I think there's also a chance he also comes in to start.

It won't be on the wing though, as he hasn't ever played in that position, but through the middle as the most advanced attacking midfielder in our midfield three. He often played as a second striker/attacking midfielder playing with Nunez, and looking at his match records from his time in the youth team he has also played in a midfield three. I think it's also the same kind of role we would have given to Maddison had we managed to sign him.

Our resident Benfica man @Bruno also said the following about him ...

Gonçalo is our main striker. Last year he played as an offensive mid/third midfielder and Darwin was our main attacking threat. After Darwin's departure Gonçalo finally started playing as a striker (his best role).

He started this season very well and fits Roger Schmidt's system (an high pressing 4-2-3-1). He is a  hard worker and good finisher. Has the potential to be the striker of our NT in the near future.

We have some other decent strikers so Benfica may be willing to sell. I would not. I believe price would be around 40M€+.

Be interesting to see if he's used in the first team with Wilson if it is Newcastle that has indeed bid for him.