Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 21/8/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

City are always most vulnerable at the start of the season then they normally win about 20 games in a row , atmosphere should be electric , could potentially sneak a point at best.

I would normally think that but they've looked so good and solid in their opening two games I'm not sure we'll get a flat City 

I don't see us getting anything from this game, think we'll lose 3-0

1 - Heavy defeat (three goals or more) - depressing, but not unexpected. 

2 - Narrow defeat - can take some positives. 

3 - Draw - great performance, can build on it. 

4 - Win - astonishing... where is this season going?! 

(Bonus - keep a clean sheet - amazing!) 

Think the second option is the more likely, but obviously hope either 3 or 4 happens! 

Just now, ilikenewcastle said:

We'll lose but not get disgraced. Apart from last season when we were a shambles, this fixture has generally been close (at least in terms of scoreline).

We were but the scoreline last season flattered them a bit imo. We should've had a pen but were cheated out of it by the cunt refs, 1-2 at HT would've made it a different game. Also remember us having good opportunities in their third to create stuff but the final pass or shot was just never there.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We were but the scoreline last season flattered them a bit imo. We should've had a pen but were cheated out of it by the cunt refs, 1-2 at HT would've made it a different game. Also remember us having good opportunities in their third to create stuff but the final pass or shot was just never there.

I think if City play the way they did last season we can definitely get something this time, I remember being frustrated at how little City had to do to get their 4-0. The non penalty incident was genuinely disgraceful and in the age of VAR just dodgy as hell.

2 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

I think if City play the way they did last season we can definitely get something this time, I remember being frustrated at how little City had to do to get their 4-0. The non penalty incident was genuinely disgraceful and in the age of VAR just dodgy as hell.

Aye. :thup: Guardiola even said after the game that he was unhappy with their performance especially in the first half. Just goes to show how absolutely tragic our defensive options were then. :lol:

Team 2 but I’d play Longstaff instead of ASM and ask Almiron to work both channels instead of having two wingers

ASM gave the ball away too much at Brighton, but crucially in parts of the pitch where Man City would really punish us.

Fulham aimed for Mitrovic against Liverpool and then aggressively hunted down the 2nd ball, we could do that if we push Joelinton up further. I think we'll have learned a lot from Brighton though, reverting to pumping balls up for Dunk to bat away for fun was painful, Dias will probably do the same.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd be tempted by that second team. Balance of solid defence, good work rate but still that threat from Maximin if he does get a sniff.

Has Maxi previously  played well against Man City/better sides? Genuinely can’t recall, other than one really poor performance where nothing seemed to come off for him.