Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 21/8/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Guest HTT II

If we are at our very best, we keep the score down, if not… it’s a hammering!

Edited by HTT II

An early season title decider 👀

In all seriousness Man City are by far the best team in the league and will walk the league by at least 15 points I reckon but they won't win every game this season no team can ever do that. Our home form has gotten better and better and its becoming a fortress again. Going to go for 1-1

We need everyone to be on top form, to get anything from this. If we can keep it 0-0 for the first half hour or so, we might have a chance of a point. 

Whatever the final score, it will be a boring watch, as we will be chasing shadows for 90 minutes. 

Edited by Klaus

Hoping to see the return of five at the back, and a clinical counter-attacking display. Don’t think we should write it off, but a draw would be a very good result.

Pope

Trippier Schär Burn Botman Targett

Almirón Guimarães Joelinton Saint-Maximin

Wilson

Maxi’s actually the one I’m most torn on, we might be better off structurally with Fraser starting and using ASM as an option from the bench.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Hoping to see the return of five at the back, and a clinical counter-attacking display. Don’t think we should write it off, but a draw would be a very good result.

Pope

Trippier Schär Burn Botman Targett

Almirón Guimarães Joelinton Saint-Maximin

Wilson

Maxi’s actually the one I’m most torn on, we might be better off structurally with Fraser starting and using ASM as an option from the bench.

Willock on the right Almiron on the left?

For us to get anything from this game we need to revert from our current style I think. It will need to be 5 at the back and 11 men behind the ball most of the time in order to close the spaces they will look to play through. 

We scored a lot last year from set pieces and I think they will be key to our chances of scoring here. 

however Howe could shock me and stick with the 433 and take it to them, I’m just not sure we have the attacking quality to go toe to toe with them. 

Edited by NWMag

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

For us to get anything from this game we need to revert from our current style I think. It will need to be 5 at the back and 11 men behind the ball most of the time in order to close the spaces they will look to play through. 

We scored a lot last year from set pieces and I think they will be key to our chances of scoring here. 

however Howe could shock me and stick with the 433 and take it to them, I’m just not sure we have the attacking quality to go toe to toe with them. 

No one other than Liverpool and maybe Spurs have the attacking quality to go toe to toe with them. We do that we will be slaughtered.