João Pedro

Just my opinion obvs but the serial Wood haters on here have to be the thickest cunts on the planet. 

Doesn't bode well for any future success we have when the baggage it carries with it is a bunch of "Citeh" wannabees. 

The Geordie Gallaghers, if you will. 

Once more for the dunces... 

Common sense.....

"They knew we needed a striker judged, by them not you, to be better than Gayle. 

They knew it would be extremely difficult to land one in Jan. 

So they triggered Wood's £25m release clause, from a rival, and got him through the door asap. 

Their concerns about availability were proven when they couldn't land another target forward. 

We ended up safe and in top4 form"

Haters..... 

"in spite of Wood" 

???

12 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Just my opinion obvs but the serial Wood haters on here have to be the thickest cunts on the planet. 

Doesn't bode well for any future success we have when the baggage it carries with it is a bunch of "Citeh" wannabees. 

Common sense.....

"They knew we needed a striker judged, by them not you, to be better than Gayle. 

So they triggered Wood's £25m release clause, from a rival, and got him through the door asap. 

Their concerns about availability were proven when they couldn't land another target forward. 

Haters..... 

"in spite of Wood" 

???

I wouldn’t bother. If they don’t get it by now they never will. 

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Chris Fucking Wood was a stop gap signing and was never going to be regular starter for us ever again.

Yes, he was a focal point for our play at that time but now he's pretty much redundant. He's nowhere near good enough to start for a team with ambitions of a top eight finish. I think he'd struggle to get in the majority of the teams in our leauge.

That's not taking away from his services last season, but he was almost like a fucking loan signing. 

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

This guy was first linked all the way back in June. They were apparently discouraging bids then and insisting on big money.

I imagine we've been trying to bring that price down, and perhaps have waited until now to see how much yhey could do so. This pretty standard when clubs are trying to get the best price possible.

This is it, we've only heard about this because the selling club made our bid public. Transfers generally take weeks, if not months to line up.

Speculating, I think we've probably been a bit naive in believing Ekitike would sign and we've had to start from scratch in lining up other strikers from the list. I could even be that we're progressing multiple forward targets at the same time and seeing which makes the most sense financially. 

I have no opinion on him as haven't seen much of him other than when he lept like a salmon at our place last season to score that brilliant header.

If that 30m report is true (if is doing some heavy lifting), we surely have to bite the bullet and get it done? It is a valuation that falls within our reported "budget" and at some point we need to meet the selling clubs price. It does seem like we've been trying for the perfect deal on Maddison etc but Watford are under no pressure to sell this lad having just banked 20m for Dennis.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

There is zero evidence that Ramos is better than Pedro. Goals in Portugal count for nothing. That's not saying he isn't, just that the data isn't there.

Both players would be signed for potential. We shouldn't be expecting them to come in and score 20 goals.

It's clear we want a young, technical, link up player, who can bring more to the game than just goals.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Common sense.....

Haters..... 

"in spite of Wood" 

???

Wood did a job for the team last season and was needed but he doesn’t score enough goals for a lone striker 

The Wood debate has been done to death.

I think we all know that he's last resort up front. We don't need to slag him off when he plays nor do we need to overly defend him when he's poor.

Let's hope that when he does play, the team as a whole can perform.

30 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

I have no opinion on him as haven't seen much of him other than when he lept like a salmon at our place last season to score that brilliant header.

If that 30m report is true (if is doing some heavy lifting), we surely have to bite the bullet and get it done? It is a valuation that falls within our reported "budget" and at some point we need to meet the selling clubs price. It does seem like we've been trying for the perfect deal on Maddison etc but Watford are under no pressure to sell this lad having just banked 20m for Dennis.

Yeah, he's fallen under my radar, but based on You Tube, £30m looks about right, by current prices. Ticks plenty of boxes for me.