João Pedro

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Wonder if there is an additional cost to Pedro due to Dennis already being sold. Not such a pressing need to sell anymore, and would be the second important attacking player they lose in a week. 

I think this could be the case, plus don't forget the NUFC tax, probably want an extra 10 million. :undecided:

49 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This is it, we've only heard about this because the selling club made our bid public. Transfers generally take weeks, if not months to line up.

Speculating, I think we've probably been a bit naive in believing Ekitike would sign and we've had to start from scratch in lining up other strikers from the list. I could even be that we're progressing multiple forward targets at the same time and seeing which makes the most sense financially. 

I think this is highly likely to be the case.

This is what i've been saying about value/finance trumping raw ability/football impact in terms of priority.

10 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Wonder if there is an additional cost to Pedro due to Dennis already being sold. Not such a pressing need to sell anymore, and would be the second important attacking player they lose in a week. 

I think that's the case with Jack H. After selling £100m worth of players - Leeds will only sell if the price is too good to turn down.

That can happen when you are doing business late in the window.

Guest HTT II
29 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Sick joke to be honest!

Aye it was perhaps in bad taste, if only I was a comedian making money off that type of shit.

£30m is a no brainer imo. He’s proven in the UK and turning 21 next month. He’s more talented than Richarlison who plays for the national side and kept Everton up by himself almost.

4 minutes ago, Flip said:

£30m is a no brainer imo. He’s proven in the UK and turning 21 next month. He’s more talented than Richarlison who plays for the national side and kept Everton up by himself almost.

Wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s a no brainer, 30m is quite a bit of money for a guy who’s had (I think it’s fair to say) a fairly low-key season in the top-flight.

That being said, I really like him. 

He's got talent but we need someone who will set the bar higher than the current players we have. I don't think he would be that much of an improvement, in a few years for sure - but we need results now.

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

He's got talent but we need someone who will set the bar higher than the current players we have. I don't think he would be that much of an improvement, in a few years for sure - but we need results now.

Spot on, if Wilson gets injured he isn’t going to score the goals we need. Hasn’t proved so far he can 

We need someone who will set the bar higher than the current players we have at RW. We "only" need more competent cover than Wood for Wilson, preferably a younger player that has room to grow with the club which Pedro seems to be. Bonus point for seemingly being able to cover the wings as well if needed.

Does make me laugh how people seem to twist things up suit their view. Mitrovic gets slaughtered on here for scoring 9 goals in the PL aged 20/21 yet you can just bet it’s the same ones saying JP is only 20 when his PL goal record of 3 goals is mentioned :lol:

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Pedro is ideal for us in the sense that he can play across the front really.  Obviously questions about the level he'll be able to do it at, especially CF, but versatility wouldn't be a bad thing in anyone we sign in forward positions.

There's not much evidence of him being an 'across the front three' option; Transfermarkt suggests he's almost exclusively a CF with a small amount of games on the left. Only 20 though so Howe might think he can mould him into whatever. He'll love his defensive stats anyway (again not my own work).

Interesting that he started life as a CDM according to Wiki. It's about time we replaced Alan Smith anyway.

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Does make me laugh how people seem to twist things up suit their view. Mitrovic gets slaughtered on here for scoring 9 goals in the PL aged 20/21 yet you can just bet it’s the same ones saying JP is only 20 when his PL goal record of 3 goals is mentioned :lol:

Or you're putting words in people's mouths to suit your own agenda? I really liked Mitrovic and wish we'd kept him because the potential was obvious to me. I think the same about Pedro... there's a tonne of potential there.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Or you're putting words in people's mouths to suit your own agenda? I really liked Mitrovic and wish we'd kept him because the potential was obvious to me. I think the same about Pedro... there's a tonne of potential there.

What words have I put in peoples mouths? I didn’t mention anyone. I liked mitrovic too. He does get a rough ride on here that’s a fact tho