João Pedro

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's always funny to read opposition fan forums and see that both sets of fans think they're being ripped off 

I guess that on balance it is more likely that they are right than we are given that they’ve been watching him all this time 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Watford fans comparing him to Firmino in that thread.

Without any Mane or Salah I’m not sure how effective a false 9 would be for us. Hopefully they see something they can mold, but we need players that can score from the get go cause our final third looks pretty bad if Wilson is not playing or having a bad game 

44 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My mate is a Watford fan who gave me some info on Sarr who I rate and would like here and he says we will be buying a future gem of a player in Pedro and that forget his poor scoring return, it’s his potential. Says he just never stops grafting! He seems gutted they could be losing him along with Sarr and obviously recently Dennis.

I watched a second video just before and yeah he definitely has something. Really fantastic feet, and you can see how he's very similar to Ekiteke. I am quite excited about this now.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, TRon said:

I watched a second video just before and yeah he definitely has something. Really fantastic feet, and you can see how he's very similar to Ekiteke. I am quite excited about this now.

I haven’t seen anything of him to be honest other than the YouTube clips I posted, I’m confident if this fella is highly rated by our manager and staff then I’m happy for us to sign him. 

I'd love us to get this one over the line, like. It's critical that we have someone other than Wood to rely on and I love the sound of another Brazilian in the squad.

You need to be wary of creating cliques a la the Pardew days and all the French players, of course, but Bruno and Joe just seem like such good characters that are so well integrated into the rest of the squad; signing another of their countrymen will only likely be a good thing. 

Plus, just having a young striker with lots of potential who's clearly got his head screwed on is just exciting when you think about Howe's ability to mould players.

Won't really care less at the fee, tbh. I trust the decision makers and all that matters is that he does well here. If he does, then it's money well spent; if he doesn't, it's a shame, but it's not like we haven't searched far and wide to find someone. The prices just are what they are; were not shopping in the bargain bin any more. 

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'd love us to get this one over the line, like. It's critical that we have someone other than Wood to rely on and I love the sound of another Brazilian in the squad.

You need to be wary of creating cliques a la the Pardew days and all the French players, of course, but Bruno and Joe just seem like such good characters that are so well integrated into the rest of the squad; signing another of their countrymen will only likely be a good thing. 

Plus, just having a young striker with lots of potential who's clearly got his head screwed on is just exciting when you think about Howe's ability to mould players.

Won't really care less at the fee, tbh. I trust the decision makers and all that matters is that he does well here. If he does, then it's money well spent; if he doesn't, it's a shame, but it's not like we haven't searched far and wide to find someone. The prices just are what they are; were not shopping in the bargain bin any more. 

When the takeover happened they said they want to explore the south American market more.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I was thinking similar earlier.

As a young developing player, having had a carousel of different managers with different styles in different teams already, must be night and day compared to having someone settled and methodical to coach you, in a team playing with clear instructions. And also a squad with a feel-good factor, compared being in a side heading for relegation last season and likely still reeling from it now.

Hopefully we get him, and then it'll be exciting to see if he works out or not. Even if not, then he'll have been given the best possible chance at least, you'd think.

1 hour ago, worthy said:

Without any Mane or Salah I’m not sure how effective a false 9 would be for us. Hopefully they see something they can mold, but we need players that can score from the get go cause our final third looks pretty bad if Wilson is not playing or having a bad game 

I assume they just mean a skilful central attacker. From what i remember of JP - he was a problem in the air for defenders and was physical.

25 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Just been going through the Hornet's nest forum and Watford fans like JP a lot and want to hang onto him. A lot of them reckon he's worth 40+ million like.

Luckily fans have zero idea when it comes to valuing players