Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

15 minutes ago, greydos said:

Wasn't the fastest man in the world ever pretty tall?

Yes, weirdly enough I looked into this after I saw his goal against West Ham. Haaland and Bolt (when he got the record) are both the exact same weight and height. 

6ft 5in and 94kg. From what I could learn in 5 minutes online research.

Edited by Mazzy

18 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

From what I recall Allan's was more studs and a lot more excessive whilst Tripper was more of a trip

Though I'm probably being a little bit biased

Both cynical as fuck tbh. Both deliberate attempts to stop attacks there and then. 

Difference is Trippier came in from the side and the ball could have been seen as just a trip/tackle. Allan's was directly from behind with the ball about 6 yards away and it was absolutely a hack/kick down with 0 chance of winning the ball rather than a bad/late lunge from the side. 

Don't like either tackle tbh but Fernandinho and Fabinho have been doing this cynical shit for years now. "taking one for the team" is now seen as a smart and good thing so fuck it. It's a yellow, move on. 

2 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I’m eternally baffled by Haaland. I don’t understand how somebody who is 6ft5 and built like he is can also have that kind of pace and acceleration. It’s unnatural - like somebody has made a player's attributes on a video game.

He’s pretty terrifying to be up against. He’s going to score an unreal amount of goals in the next couple seasons.

Edited by timeEd32

Haaland’s still a little raw. It’s scary to think what he’s going to be. City look a different team now though. Not as scary as before but they can change that with one or two transfers. 

Last year in all competitions, Sterling and Jesus had 49 direct goal involvements. 30 goals and 19 assists combined. To put that on young Haaland’s back is a bit much at this age. 

Edited by Astroblack

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Since a 0-4 defeat at the hands of City in December 2021, Newcastle have lost just one of their 12 home games in the Premier League (won 8, drawn 3).

Fortress 

In games against the top six,  its P4 W1 D2 L1. In both draws,  we were winning in the second half. 

I do think there's a difference between Trippier's and Allan's - I can see why Everton fans are upset, but can also that why that one was a red.

Allan's certainly looks more dangerous, which is why it was a red. Trippier clips hip with the outside of his boot, his foot moving upward and pulls away. Allan's is coming in catching him with his boots on the way down, so it's his studs coming in with weight behind them.

11 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I do think there's a difference between Trippier's and Allan's - I can see why Everton fans are upset, but can also that why that one was a red.

Allan's certainly looks more dangerous, which is why it was a red. Trippier clips hip with the outside of his boot, his foot moving upward and pulls away. Allan's is coming in catching him with his boots on the way down, so it's his studs coming in with weight behind them.

No need to over analyse, it was clearly a yellow and nothing more. In some games it wouldn't even get a yellow. Personally I hate fouls as they break up the flow of the game and injure players. I'd make most yellows a red that would have elimated half of City's team far before ours, without a bias ref of course.

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

If I was an Everton fan, there’s a lot more I’d be fuming about right now :lol:

I'd start with their physiotherapy staff but always end up with Kenwright.

8 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I’m eternally baffled by Haaland. I don’t understand how somebody who is 6ft5 and built like he is can also have that kind of pace and acceleration. It’s unnatural - like somebody has made a player's attributes on a video game.

He is the Ivan Drago of football

Guest HTT II

We went toe to fucking toe with Man City. Attacking wise, that’s the best I’ve seen us under Howe. To draw from a 3-1 position was gutting, but to get 3 goals against these having went a goal down so early is amazing and bodes well for the season and indeed the future under our amazing manager.

I've just about come back down to earth after this one, what an incredible game of football.

To play as high up the pitch as we did against City takes balls, especially after going one down so early on. 

Our attacking play was sensational, Willock, Almiron and Big Joe never stopped grafting, ASM was unplayable, along with Wilson who was an ever present threat.

If I was going to have a grumble all three goals were quite soft, but that's City, it's death by a thousand cuts. They have so much quality that even a small error will be exploited and they were absolutely relentless for 15-20 minutes after we went 3-1 up.

The atmosphere sounded fantastic too. All in all, just a brilliant game between two sides who went at each other from start to finish. A great advert for the league and dare I say any players on the fence about joining us over the next week and a half.